systemctl start serviio.service

But when i look with systemctl status serviio.service in termial screen
serviio is still dead nig running why?
<<

cmakula

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:27 pm

Re: nee desktop launcher in linux to start stop manualy

Are you using a sudo on that serviio.service start?

Systemctl usually runs as root (if you use the Ubuntu wiki page for install, it always runs as root), so it needs admin rights... I wouldn't think that you could start it as a desktop icon, unless you were logged in as root (which I wouldn't suggest), or run the service startup in a shell script from a desktop icon (which should require a password entry).

There are also other reasons it may not run (openjdk or jre, or some other prerequisite not installed),

If the service is not starting when all is said and done, Serviio should start when run directly using a command in the terminal. If configured under the Ubuntu wiki, that command would be " sudo /opt/serviio/bin/serviio.sh" (the process will end when you close the terminal window, so don't close it right away). If the process refuses to start you should get an error in that terminal window, following the command, telling you why it did not start.
:ugeek:
Serviio Server - Dell PowerEdge R420, Dual Xeon E5-2420, 4x120 GB SSD RAID 0, 64 GB RAM (Serviio running from RAMdisk), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to NAS, Ubuntu 22.04.1 Minimal
NFS File Server - Synology DS1517+, 20TB disk space (5x4TB), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to Serviio Server

Return to Serviio Support & Help