FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

test license expire

<<

harley-peter

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:20 pm

test license expire

Hello,
I installed the server and it works. Now I see in the web interface a message that the test license expire in one day and I have to upload a license file. What file? Where can I find it? What means test license?
I am a little confused.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:12 am

Re: test license expire

Hi there! You can continue to use Serviio indefinitely without issue. The license you refer to is for using the Pro (paid) version. Every time you install Serviio it grants you a 15 day free trial of Pro. That is the only thing that is expiring. I'll attach a link that describes the differences between the free and Pro versions.

https://www.serviio.org/buy-pro/10-unca ... ree-vs-pro

If you need to use the web based MediaBrowser, you need the pro license. If you want to use a 3rd party app (such as ServiiGo) to access your media, Pro is required. You can see the other differences on the page I linked. If you're only using Serviio on your local network to stream media to your streaming players, the free version will continue to work fine. However, I do feel the product is worth the minimal cost to support the development of continued updates. A purchased license would be good for all versions of Serviio 2. Once Serviio 3 is released (which is no where near happening any time soon), a new license would need to be purchased. It was seven years between Serviio version 1 and 2. It's only been three years since Serviio 2.0 was released.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

harley-peter

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:10 am

Hello Dan,
thank's for the info. Now the license is expired but when I use the command serviio.sh in a terminal on my linux machine nothing happens.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:51 pm

I'm not Linux-savvy, so can't assist with a problem on that OS. But the first thing to check is the Serviio log, which might indicate if there's some problem starting the service.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

harley-peter

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:44 pm

Hello Dan,
there is an error in the log file:

2022-12-11T19:35:08,114 ERROR [ProcessExecutor] Fatal error in process starting: Cannot run program "dcraw": error=2, Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "dcraw": error=2, Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1128) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1071) ~[?:?]
at org.serviio.external.ProcessExecutor.run(ProcessExecutor.java:136) ~[serviio.jar:?]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.forkAndExec(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:340) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:271) ~[?:?]
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1107) ~[?:?]
... 2 more
2022-12-11T19:35:08,127 WARN [MediaServer] DCRAW not found. Support for raw image files will be missing.

I don't know if this error stops the execution of the engine.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Yes, that is likely what it stopping the service. I don't know exactly what the issue is, so hopefully the Serviio developer will see this and provide some answer.
Dan

<<

cmakula

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:15 pm

dcraw is the image thumbnailer used by serviio.

If you are using Ubuntu/Mint/Bodhi, install it by using "sudo apt install dcraw" from the terminal.
If you are using RedHat/Fedora/CentOS, install it by using "sudo dnf install dcraw" from the terminal.

If you have it installed, you may have to purge and reinstall the package.
:ugeek:
Serviio Server - Dell PowerEdge R420, Dual Xeon E5-2420, 4x120 GB SSD RAID 0, 64 GB RAM (Serviio running from RAMdisk), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to NAS, Ubuntu 22.04.1 Minimal
NFS File Server - Synology DS1517+, 20TB disk space (5x4TB), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to Serviio Server
<<

harley-peter

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:00 pm

Unfortunately it does not work. After a the installaition of the package dcraw and the reinstallation of Serviio the script serviio-console.sh does not work and after the command serviio.sh nothing happens. When I kill the command I get the message

Exception in thread "Thread-25" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress
at java.base/java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.add(ApplicationShutdownHooks.java:66)
at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Runtime.java:216)
at org.apache.commons.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.initialize(CompositeCacheManager.java:253)
at org.apache.commons.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getInstance(CompositeCacheManager.java:185)
at org.apache.commons.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getInstance(CompositeCacheManager.java:161)
at org.apache.commons.jcs.JCS.getCacheManager(JCS.java:172)
at org.apache.commons.jcs.JCS.getInstance(JCS.java:190)
at org.serviio.cache.AbstractCacheDecorator.<init>(AbstractCacheDecorator.java:39)
at org.serviio.delivery.subtitles.OpenSubtitlesCacheDecorator.<init>(OpenSubtitlesCacheDecorator.java:23)
at org.serviio.delivery.subtitles.OpenSubtitlesService.getInstance(OpenSubtitlesService.java:66)
at org.serviio.MediaServer$ShutdownHook.run(MediaServer.java:374)

Actual I cannot use serviio.
<<

cmakula

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:31 am

What distribution/version of Linux are you running?

Serviio itself is meant to be run as a non-inetractive service. As a result, if you are running it from a command prompt, you will need to change to another termiinal (using Ctrl+Alt+F key at the top of the keyboard) on use an & after the command to run and continue. Basically it will not return to prompt by default.

For Linux specific install instructions, please check the wiki articles at https://www.serviio.org/wiki/doku.php?i ... ux:install
:ugeek:
Serviio Server - Dell PowerEdge R420, Dual Xeon E5-2420, 4x120 GB SSD RAID 0, 64 GB RAM (Serviio running from RAMdisk), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to NAS, Ubuntu 22.04.1 Minimal
NFS File Server - Synology DS1517+, 20TB disk space (5x4TB), 4 NICs (aggregated to LAN), 10Gbe to Serviio Server

Return to Serviio Support & Help