FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

View Videos on Formuler Z10 SE (located on Mac)

<<

Wee-Haggis

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:53 pm

View Videos on Formuler Z10 SE (located on Mac)

Having trouble being able to show videos (which are on my Mac computer). I have found the location where I think the files should be accessible
but I can't actually see the folder containing the videos on my Mac Desktop.
I did also try and download the Serviio App but in the Google Play Store I can see neither the ServiioGo or ServiioDroid apps.

On the attachments it shows how far I can get. The #4 image shows the SMB IP Address of Imac computer that has the videos on it.
I don't know what Login Info they want ?
Attachments
.jpeg
.jpeg (483.27 KiB) Viewed 3039 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:56 am

Re: View Videos on Formuler Z10 SE (located on Mac)

This sounds like a permissions issue for Serviio accessing your media folders. I'm not knowledgeable about the MacOS, so I can't offer any suggestions about what to check or how to change permissions. If you are saying the media is on a different computer than Serviio is running on, I can almost guarantee the problem is permissions.

You can check MediaBrowser on your computer and see if the media is visible there. If not, then permissions is the very likely reason. Just be aware that MediaBrowser access requires Serviio Pro (paid version) unless you are still inside the 15 day trial period after installing Serviio. ServiiGo also requires the Pro version of Serviio.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Wee-Haggis

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:42 pm

Yes........I can see the content on Media Browser on Computer. I am still on the 15 day trial.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:16 pm

Great, so the media folders are all recognized by Serviio. Now, why are they not shown on your other player? It's usually because the profile that Serviio has assigned to the device isn't identifying the media as a playable file on your player. If Serviio and the player think they aren't playable media (such as a text file for example), they don't appear.

I didn't know what the Formuler Z10 SE was, so I just did a quick web search. I see it's basically an Android streaming player. This should be similar to my Nvidia Shield. What I have found is that not all of the media players found in the Google Play store will connect to a DLNA server. The player app you're using is likely the issue. My player app of choice on my Android boxes is Kodi, which just released version 20. It's a little complicated to configure, as it doesn't see DLNA by default. I also see that the Formuler Z10 SE does not have Gigabit Ethernet, so don't plan on watching ripped UHD movies unless you have a good WiFi 802.11ac network.

With a player app that works with DLNA, Serviio will stream to your Android based device without a problem. The generic profile on Serviio works just fine as is. Also, VLC works as well, and requires no configuration to see your DLNA server. It just has a user interface that doesn't provide much information about the media.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help