FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serials category is empty on 2.3

<<

dimtabu

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:39 pm

Serials category is empty on 2.3

I am on win11 x64

I've installed latest version on a new PC and it seems that 2.3 unable to detect my serials cause `serials` category is empty and when i add new series they remain unrecognized.

is there a way to fix serials recognision or install previous version of serviio? i tried to find a link but it seems there is only latest version and 1.x
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:46 pm

Re: Serials category is empty on 2.3

A few users have reported problems with Windows 11, but I don't think this was an issue. Is your media on an internal hard drive, external, or on a NAS device?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

dimtabu

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:36 pm

atc98092 wrote:A few users have reported problems with Windows 11, but I don't think this was an issue. Is your media on an internal hard drive, external, or on a NAS device?

8tb sata drive at the same pc where is serviio installed
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:38 pm

OK, there shouldn't be any permissions issue with the folder locations. Have you tried a forced refresh of the library to see if the newly added files appear? That is done on the Shared Library tab in the console. If that makes them appear, you may need to enable the Poller function on that library location.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

dimtabu

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:54 pm

atc98092 wrote:OK, there shouldn't be any permissions issue with the folder locations. Have you tried a forced refresh of the library to see if the newly added files appear? That is done on the Shared Library tab in the console. If that makes them appear, you may need to enable the Poller function on that library location.

i tried:
1. force refresh
2. readd library
3. readd library and force refresh
4. reinstall serviio

new added video appear in folder structure and in last added categody and i can watch them but series category remains empty
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:02 pm

Ah, OK, now we're getting some further detail. Serviio doesn't appear to be recognizing your media as a TV show/Series. Can you provide me with a few examples of the file naming method you're using, and we can see if it's a naming issue. If it's not obvious in the file name, please let me know the name of the show. If this is not a US show, I need to make sure I'm looking for the correct title.
Dan

<<

dimtabu

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:15 pm

atc98092 wrote:Ah, OK, now we're getting some further detail. Serviio doesn't appear to be recognizing your media as a TV show/Series. Can you provide me with a few examples of the file naming method you're using, and we can see if it's a naming issue. If it's not obvious in the file name, please let me know the name of the show. If this is not a US show, I need to make sure I'm looking for the correct title.

for example:
The.Rookie.S03E02.rus.LostFilm.TV.avi

this was recognized in previous version of serviio as "The Rookie/season 3/episode 02"
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:29 pm

Thanks. I've seen TV series at time get funky like this. One way to try to settle things out is to use the IMDB ID number. For a series, I create a folder for all the episodes and add the IMDB ID to the folder name. In this case, assuming I have the correct series, the folder name would be "The Rookie tt7587890".

But perhaps I have the wrong series. When I look at Season Three Episode Two, the title is "In Justice". Your file name says "LostFilm". And that name difference might be what's causing the metadata to be mis-identified.

File naming is critical for correct media identification. See this page for more information about naming the files correctly: https://serviio.org/index.php?option=co ... icle&id=12
Dan

<<

dimtabu

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 pm

atc98092 wrote:Thanks. I've seen TV series at time get funky like this. One way to try to settle things out is to use the IMDB ID number. For a series, I create a folder for all the episodes and add the IMDB ID to the folder name. In this case, assuming I have the correct series, the folder name would be "The Rookie tt7587890".

But perhaps I have the wrong series. When I look at Season Three Episode Two, the title is "In Justice". Your file name says "LostFilm". And that name difference might be what's causing the metadata to be mis-identified.

File naming is critical for correct media identification. See this page for more information about naming the files correctly: https://serviio.org/index.php?option=co ... icle&id=12

thanks for the link, i will try to play with file naming tomorrow to see will it work.

also, is there a way to adopt/modify recognision pattern?
my blood runs cold at the thought that I have to manually rename 4 terabytes of serials (they are all was successfully recognized by previos version of serviio)
<<

dimtabu

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:06 pm

atc98092 wrote:Thanks. I've seen TV series at time get funky like this. One way to try to settle things out is to use the IMDB ID number. For a series, I create a folder for all the episodes and add the IMDB ID to the folder name. In this case, assuming I have the correct series, the folder name would be "The Rookie tt7587890".

Ok. i've played with file names and it seems that something changed in retrieving online metada.

added tv serie "Lost in Space S03E08.avi" to the media library
i can see this video in "last added" but series folder stay empty.

movie metadata is empty (i mean file itself does not contain it), and according the page you linked the next step is a try to extract metadata online.
i suppose something is broken in that process (atleast does not work like in previous version)

so is there a way
1) somehow get and install 2.2 version to check will it work there
or
2) understand somehow whats going on when extraction online metadata happens
or
3) somehow define serials recognising pattern by myself just to get them all in folder structure
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:55 am

You can download previous versions of Serviio by changing the download URL to the version you want, so in the download URL you can change 2.3 to 2.2. I don't know how many previous versions the developer keeps available on the site.

I am assuming you are referring to the US TV show called Lost in Space from 1965. But I also see another series with the same name from 2018. The fact there are two series with the same name might be confusing the metadata extractor. Did you try adding the IMDB ID number to the folder name containing the episodes? For the 1965 series, that is tt0058824, while the 2018 series is tt5232792. So name the file folder as "Lost in Space tt0058824" for the '65 version, or change the tt number for the other version.
Dan

<<

dimtabu

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:26 am

atc98092 wrote:You can download previous versions of Serviio by changing the download URL to the version you want, so in the download URL you can change 2.3 to 2.2. I don't know how many previous versions the developer keeps available on the site.

I am assuming you are referring to the US TV show called Lost in Space from 1965. But I also see another series with the same name from 2018. The fact there are two series with the same name might be confusing the metadata extractor. Did you try adding the IMDB ID number to the folder name containing the episodes? For the 1965 series, that is tt0058824, while the 2018 series is tt5232792. So name the file folder as "Lost in Space tt0058824" for the '65 version, or change the tt number for the other version.

i've tried all variants with imdb id in the name of file or parent folder - its not working.
i downloaded previous versions of serviio and found out that
v2.2 has the same issue with online metadata
v2.1 works from the box.

so, i have to stay at 2.1
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:29 am

dimtabu wrote:
i've tried all variants with imdb id in the name of file or parent folder - its not working.
i downloaded previous versions of serviio and found out that
v2.2 has the same issue with online metadata
v2.1 works from the box.

so, i have to stay at 2.1

Very strange. No idea why it's doing that, but at least 2.1 is working for you correctly. I don't know if Zip can determine anything from your Serviio log.
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help