FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with TV Series title language consistency

<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Tue May 09, 2023 8:52 am

Problem with TV Series title language consistency

Note: This is for Serviio 2.1, the non-paid version.
I use online metadata sources and I have set Swedish as the preferred language but also "use original title" in the Metadata section of the console.

This makes "Elementary", "London Kills", "Before we die (UK)" and "Innan vi dör" appear as expected but "Vera" is presented as "Ett fall för Vera" and "Mare of Easttown" appears as "Sto av Easttown" (the latter NOT being an even remotely acceptable translation, sounding like a really stupid toddler's joke).

What I'm looking to achieve is:
If the series is originally in the swedish language, the title should be in swedish.
All other series should be presented using the English title, unless that isn't available, in which case the series original language title should be used.

Is this at all possible?

How?
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed May 10, 2023 9:44 am

Re: Problem with TV Series title language consistency

I realise that this will have changed significantly in 2.3, so I'll try upgrading first.

However, being on TrueNAS Core 13.1, upgrading is NOT as easy as one would wish.

The in-place procedure in F.A.Q. - Upgrade Serviio, https://serviio.org/component/content/article?id=21#q8 is not as straight forward in FreeBSD as in, say, Linux.
Where should you drop the "new files"???
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Sun May 14, 2023 3:26 pm

Re: Problem with TV Series title language consistency

Most (???) of the issues around language consistency were fixed by upgrading to Serviio 2.3, or if it was due to TMDB...

Return to Serviio Support & Help