FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Indexing stops after 362 videos every time

<<

mlekas

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:44 am

Indexing stops after 362 videos every time

Hello! I've had Serviio running on Windows Server 2022 for a year now, hosting 2,500 video files. I had to uninstall Serviio to troubleshoot CPU usage. After reinstalling, the initial indexing stops after 362 videos. If I specify a different folder, it will stop again after 362 files, so I know it's not a single corrupt file.
The server is an HP Proliant Microserver Gen10+ with a Xeon e-2224 and 32G RAM. Memory usage of Serviio service never goes above 300M.

Enabling debug logging shows a lot of found files and db checks that state the file is not in the database yet, but then it doesn't add them. E.g.

Code:
2023-07-20T00:13:41,411 DEBUG [MediaItemDAOImpl] Media item e:\Action\Armageddon\Armageddon Criterion Edition.wmv doesn't exist in DB yet
2023-07-20T00:13:41,417 DEBUG [MediaFileIndexer] Found file 'e:\Action\Army of Darkness\Army Of Darkness Director's Cut.mp4', checking if it's already in the Library
2023-07-20T00:13:41,417 DEBUG [LibraryOneTimeScanner] Looking for files to share in folder: e:\Action\James Bond\Goldeneye
2023-07-20T00:13:41,417 DEBUG [MediaItemDAOImpl] Checking if DB already contains media item e:\Action\Army of Darkness\Army Of Darkness Director's Cut.mp4
2023-07-20T00:13:41,418 DEBUG [MediaItemDAOImpl] Looking up a media item for file path: e:\Action\Army of Darkness\Army Of Darkness Director's Cut.mp4, ignore case: true
2023-07-20T00:13:41,418 DEBUG [MediaItemDAOImpl] Media item e:\Action\Army of Darkness\Army Of Darkness Director's Cut.mp4 doesn't exist in DB yet

Here's what I've tried so far:
1. uninstalled, cleaned out all Serviio directories under %userprofile%\appdata and C:\program files, rebooted and reinstalled. Same issue
2. uninstalled, cleaned out all Serviio directories, rebooted and installed older version 2.21. same issue.
3. uninstalled, reinstalled, did not create user account, enabled debug logging. same issue.

I see at least two other entries in the support section where people are seeing limits in their indexing, though they seem to be getting more files than me. What can I try next? I'm not a Java person so if something needs to be changed in java config please walk me thru it.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Attachments
serviio.log
debug log
(399.05 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:56 pm

Re: Indexing stops after 362 videos every time

Serviio has had issues in the past running on a server version of Windows. I realize it had been working for you in the past, but I have seen Windows updates break Serviio functionality multiple times in the past, so I'm strongly suspicious of an OS update causing issues. I have over 6000 video files on my primary media server, and have never had an issue when using a "normal" version of Windows. I did use Windows Server 2003 and Windows Home Server back around 2008 for my home use, but both of those predate me using Serviio.

I believe the first Windows OS I used with Serviio was XP, which was of course a 32 bit OS. Windows 7 was my first 64 bit OS, but I've never had any issues with Serviio on any Windows version. I'm currently using Windows 10 on my two Serviio machines, as the hardware doesn't support Windows 11. I do have 11 on two different computers, and overall I'm not impressed with the changes from 10. Your version of Server is based on 11 I believe.

It might be worth trying changing the Windows user account from Local Service to the user account you use when you log into the machine. Using Local Service by default, there are some permissions that are disabled for that account, and your personal account would likely have far more access.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

mlekas

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:40 am

Re: Indexing stops after 362 videos every time

Thanks for the reply! That makes sense, and you reminded me that my previous installation was using my user account rather than local service.
Now it looks like I have file corruption - most of the files are unreadable by the system (which explains why they can't be indexed). I've booted from recovery media and still can't touch the files. Looking into getting Windows 10 on the box now.

Return to Serviio Support & Help