FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Last watched episode not always being set

<<

bdushok

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:30 pm

Last watched episode not always being set

Fairly recently some series are no longer having the latest episode I've watched marked as last watched. These series also don't appear within the favorite series category. It's not all series, just some.

Have anyone seen this problem? If so, how can it be corrected?

I'm watching using a DLNA client (VLC on Android TV) and am running Serviio Pro 2.3 on Linux.

Thanks,
Bob
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:21 pm

Re: Last watched episode not always being set

Where are you getting your files?

If you're getting files from torrent sites, a lot of those files are copied by amateurs that aren't versed in how to be sure the files are properly coded for indexing where you left off. It's a hazard one must accept if that's where you get your files from and there's basically nothing anyone can do about it unless you personally want to learn how to fix them yourself or get your files from more reliable sources.

Probably not what you wanted to hear. It's just a fact of life you either learn to live with or don't bother with file sharing.
SYSTEM:
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 on iMac

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)
<<

bdushok

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Serviio to store rips of my DVD / Blu-ray collection. The files are all ripped from discs I own.

The strange thing is this had been working previously. We watched an entire TV series from the beginning to end a few years ago. It was likely when I was using Serviio Pro 1 since it was awhile ago, but the files were the same and episodes which were watched were marked correctly. We recently began watching the series from the beginning and all was fine for the first few dozen episodes.

Typically when using DLNA Serviio puts an * in front of the name of the last watched episode. It was placing the * correctly, but then stopped moving it. The episodes still play fine but I need to remember which was the last one I had watched.

Bob
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 05, 2023 3:27 am

My wife is the usual person that watches TV episodes, while I generally just watch movies. I just looked at my server (using Kodi on an Nvidia Shield) and I saw the double ** on both the season and last watched episode on several shows I know she watches regularly. I don't have Favorite Series presentation enabled, so can't speak to that one. Mine are just under the Series view.

It's possible that VLC might be the issue. It's a great player with a terrible user interface.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:57 pm

bdushok wrote:Thanks for the reply. I'm using Serviio to store rips of my DVD / Blu-ray collection. The files are all ripped from discs I own.

Bob

Good. That eliminates the randomness of files not processed properly.
SYSTEM:
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 on iMac

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)

Return to Serviio Support & Help