FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Preferred language of subtitles

<<

OiKeeep

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:53 am

Preferred language of subtitles

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place and for the translation, I don't speak English.

I'm having a problem with the subtitle, I put the favorite language in the subtitle of the player that I use and also in the server, but when I put it to play, the subtitle does not change, it remains in English. On the computer using media player classic I don't have this subtitle problem. How can I do to resolve?

https://imgur.com/a/e3q650B
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:48 am

Re: Preferred language of subtitles

Subtitle problems are often something to do with the player, not the source (such as Serviio). What are you using for the player? If it's a Smart TV interface, just be aware that many TVs have less than stellar DLNA player support. Some players, such as Roku devices, can only display captions if the captions are text based, such as broadcast TV or external captions files (most often in an SRT container). from the image you linked, it appears your captions are from Subrip, so those should be text based captions.

If you have any other player you could possibly try with these files, that would help and see if the problem is the player you're first trying.

Your translation is fine! :D
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

OiKeeep

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:03 am

Re: Preferred language of subtitles

atc98092 wrote:Subtitle problems are often something to do with the player, not the source (such as Serviio). What are you using for the player? If it's a Smart TV interface, just be aware that many TVs have less than stellar DLNA player support. Some players, such as Roku devices, can only display captions if the captions are text based, such as broadcast TV or external captions files (most often in an SRT container). from the image you linked, it appears your captions are from Subrip, so those should be text based captions.

If you have any other player you could possibly try with these files, that would help and see if the problem is the player you're first trying.

Your translation is fine! :D

Thanks for answering. I managed to solve it, my Brazilian Portuguese language is probably having a problem with the VLC player to detect the corresponding subtitle, I just put the Portuguese language from Portugal and it detected Brazilian Portuguese in the subtitle, it doesn't make much sense, but it solved it here. Thanks

Return to Serviio Support & Help