FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Connection to Sony Bravia KDL-50W60xA stopped working

<<

hanseatic

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:51 pm

Connection to Sony Bravia KDL-50W60xA stopped working

Hi! I was using Servio 2.2.1 on a Windows Server with Windows Server Essentials 2016 with my mentioned Sony TV without issues. It stopped working some weeks ago; I only use the app on the TV from time to time, so I cannot exactly say when its happened. My assumption is that a Windows Update on the server caused the issue.

I removed 2.2.1 and installed 2.3 from the beginning. I am able to see the Serviio service from a local VLC installation in the server in the UPnP devices. MediaBrowser is also working.

I understand that the MediaBrowser should be accessible from a client as well - but it was initially not working on my Windows 10 Client. I am not a network and not a Windows expert, but I was capable to open the port 23424 (in and out), and also TCP 8895 and UDP 1900 (at least I hope it was correct). As a result, MediaBrowser and Console is available via HTTPS from the Windows clients.

But I can't manage the Serviio server to show up in the clients, and the clients are also not showing up in the "Status" tab of the Serviio console. Only the server itself (the system on which Servioo is running) is visible. Before I installed the new version, I could also see the other devices (laptops, TV) - despite the fact, that the TV didn't connection.

Please help...
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:31 am

Re: Connection to Sony Bravia KDL-50W60xA stopped working

You are correct that it's something specific to your server, and likely a Windows Update triggered the change.

Serviio is not designed to be used on a Windows Server. It is tested and designed for use on a regular Windows desktop OS. Microsoft continues to strengthen the security on their OS versions (which is a good thing) but the servers are more tightly controlled. Even with the correct ports opened, Windows Server can still mess with a DLNA server's access through its internal firewall. It is outside my expertise to assist with the server version of the OS (I haven't messed with Windows Server since the 2008 version), and I doubt the Serviio developer has the ability to work with it either. Serviio is developed by a single person (Zip) and it is not a full time job for him. Messing with the server versions of Windows is likely beyond his capabilities for time and cost.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help