java.sql.SQLDataException: A truncation error was encountere

<<

carsten

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:20 pm

java.sql.SQLDataException: A truncation error was encountere

Hi,
sometimes i get a truncation error and the files are not added to the library-
I saw that you already increased the length of the varchar field about 10 years ago.
Maybe it's better to us a blob?

org.serviio.db.dao.PersistenceException: Cannot create Video with title XXX
at org.serviio.library.dao.VideoDAOImpl.create(VideoDAOImpl.java:117) ~[serviio.jar:?]
at org.serviio.library.dao.VideoDAOImpl.create(VideoDAOImpl.java:43) ~[serviio.jar:?]
at org.serviio.library.local.service.VideoService.addVideoToLibrary(VideoService.java:124) ~[serviio.jar:?]
at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.MediaFileIndexer.addNewMediaFile(MediaFileIndexer.java:87) ~[serviio.jar:?]
at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.DefaultLibraryMonitor.fileAdded(DefaultLibraryMonitor.java:52) ~[serviio.jar:?]
at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.pipe.PipeManager$PipeProcessingConsumer.lambda$run$0(PipeManager.java:174) ~[serviio.jar:?]
at java.util.Optional.ifPresent(Optional.java:159) ~[?:1.8.0_352]
at org.serviio.library.local.indexing.pipe.PipeManager$PipeProcessingConsumer.run(PipeManager.java:169) ~[serviio.jar:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750) ~[?:1.8.0_352]
Caused by: java.sql.SQLDataException: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHAR '3/SRT/ger/true,4/SRT/ger/false,5/SRT/ger/false,6/SRT/ara/fal&' to length 1024.
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeLargeUpdate(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.serviio.library.dao.VideoDAOImpl.create(VideoDAOImpl.java:114) ~[serviio.jar:?]
... 8 more
Caused by: org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHAR '3/SRT/ger/true,4/SRT/ger/false,5/SRT/ger/false,6/SRT/ara/fal&' to length 1024.
at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLChar.hasNonBlankChars(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLVarchar.normalize(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLVarchar.normalize(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.iapi.types.DataTypeDescriptor.normalize(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NormalizeResultSet.normalizeColumn(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NormalizeResultSet.normalizeRow(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NormalizeResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DMLWriteResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.InsertResultSet.open(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeLargeUpdate(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source) ~[derby.jar:?]
at org.serviio.library.dao.VideoDAOImpl.create(VideoDAOImpl.java:114) ~[serviio.jar:?]
... 8 more
<<

Brenj0r

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:14 am

Re: java.sql.SQLDataException: A truncation error was encoun

I stumbled across this exact situation too. The file you are adding to the library has too many subtitles. I have an MKV with 40 subtitle languages & it indexed fine. I had an MKV with 65 subtitle tracks & it had that error.

You need to remove some of the subtitles so the subtitle data can be inserted into the database.

I had an MKV file so I downloaded MKVToolNix & used mkvtoolnix-gui.exe. I dragged the MKV into the gui & deselected about 50 subtitle tracks in the multiplexer tab. After changing the destination file name, start multpiplexing, the movie added in fine.

Maybe the varchar field needs another increase.

Return to Serviio Support & Help