FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Support for combined Episodes

<<

Epitaph

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:56 pm

Support for combined Episodes

As the subject states. An example being Star Trek TNG's first episode "Encounter At Farpoint", it's Episode 1 and 2 pulled from the Bluray in a single file. Mediabrowser will list it in the "Folder" view but the "Series" view has season 1 starting with episode 3.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:13 pm

Re: Support for combined Episodes

I have those as two separate files. Under Series it shows as a single episode and The Naked Now shows as episode two. I find that interesting as I have my two Farpoint files listed as S01E01 and S01E02. Looking at TheMovieDB, they show Naked Now as S01E02. Funny that Serviio is listing the episode correctly even though I have them named wrong. But now that I know about this, I think I'll merge the two files together and rename all of my files for season one correctly. MediaBrowser is only showing Episode 1 as 46 minutes, when it should be 1.5 hours for both parts. I'm at work so I am not going to try playing it here. But I will see how it appears in my Shield when I get home.

Now, as to your issue. Can you show the way you have the file named? Mine is labeled "Star Trek The Next Generation - S01E01 - Encounter at Farpoint.ts". The folder containing this series is simply labeled "Star Trek The Next Generation". The year wasn't required to process the metadata accurately.

This really isn't a feature request, as Serviio can already handle combined episodes. I'll move this to the general support section.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Epitaph

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:28 pm

I use Kodi on a Shield Pro as my primary, and have Serviio for other situations/devices... So my naming follows Kodi guidelines. My file is named "Star Trek TNG S01E01E02 - Encounter At Farpoint". I use Ember Media Manager and it pulled my episode data from the TVDB(https://thetvdb.com/series/star-trek-th ... official/1). Thanks for the assistance and reply.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:40 pm

One possibility might be that Serviio doesn't use TheTVDB any longer. It pulls all metadata from themoviedb.org. TheTVDB doesn't offer free access to programs like Serviio anymore. I see TVDB lists them as two separate episodes while TheMovieDB combines them into a single entry.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:22 pm

I just merged my two Farpoint episodes into a single file and left the name as Star Trek The Next Generation - S01E01 - Encounter at Farpoint. Serviio is displaying it correctly as a single episode at 1+30 length. I realized I had some files named incorrectly as I'm missing episode 12, so I just renamed everything 13 and higher and Serviio has them all correct.
Dan

<<

Epitaph

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:22 pm

Well, I don't want to mangle my kodi database, in service of Serviio, so I guess I am stuck. I have quite a few of these "dual" episodes in assorted series. The interesting thing is that I have Serviio Metadata set to "XBMC .nfo files" and eveything else local so there should be no reason for Serviio to look elsewhere. Out of curiosity, do both of your episode contain opening and closing credits, or do they just end and begin the episodes on a "commercial" break? Mine is a continuous episode. I "could" split episodes into separate files.... but I really don't want to. :lol:
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:34 pm

Since I merged two completely separate episodes, the opening/closing credits are in the middle. I do have editing software I could use to make it a seamless single episode, but I don't know if I want to bother for it. They are files I recorded OTA, and I had already edited out the commercials. Don't know if I want to take the time to do it again. Not that it takes all that long, just not certain it's worth even that short time. :)
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help