FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Play Continiually

<<

KoolRock

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:41 pm

Play Continiually

Hey all,

I have a pretty weird question. I moved from Bubble UPNP to Serviio, but, I can't find a setting Bubble had. When I'm playing a folder, the video doesn't automatically go to the next video when it's done playing.

Any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:50 am

Re: Play Continiually

That is not a function of Serviio. Continuous play is dependent on the player to support it. Serviio merely provides the media for playback.

You didn't mention what you are using for a player. For either my Roku devices or the Nvidia Shield (using Kodi as the player) the next video will play without a problem. In Kodi I have to enable it in the settings, but the Roku does it by default.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

KoolRock

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:06 am

Hey atc,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. I really appreciate that.

Thanks for the heads up on it not being a Serviio function, too.

I'm using VLC (for Android) right now for a player. -- Sorry, I should have said that I'm playing the video(s) on my phone.

Thanks again!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:56 am

While I've used VLC on my phone and Shield for test purposes, I've never played a video to the end on either device, so I can't say if there's a play next function in it. So I just fired up VLC on my Shield (which is Android based) to test it. I have a number of short duration test videos, so I tried several of them. The next video in the list seemed to play without any issue. I went into the settings and didn't see anything specific that I thought might trigger a continue play function, so I have to assume that's the default for VLC. I checked the settings within a playing video, and while I did see a repeat and random playback function, there was nothing seen about continuous playback. So again, it appears to be the default for VLC.

I think VLC is a terrific video player, but their user interface is really lacking. No metadata at all is available, other than the cover image from the disc. And for videos with no metadata available there's not even a screen image of the video. It looks just the same on my iPhone. You might try searching for a different video player for your phone.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

KoolRock

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:05 am

Oh wow, man. Thanks a lot for checking that out. Very, very kind of you. I really like VLC, too. But, like you said, the interface isn't so hot. I've been checking different apps for the last while. No luck yet, but I'll come across one. 8-)

Thanks so much again!

Be well.

Return to Serviio Support & Help