FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Phantom" playlists?

<<

RhettDC

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:32 am

"Phantom" playlists?

Hello,

I'm using serviio as a media server from an iMAC. I keep getting these weird playlists that proliferate in the server as I run my created playlists. They have titles that are random letters and numbers like 8FUSL389-9972-56BC-25815-FHEY4242528 that seem to be copies of existing playlists, as if they were temporary cached copies or something like that. I can't figure out how to get rid of them because they aren't playlists that I have myself created. They don't show up in any search I perform on the computer hosting the server, either. They do proliferate as I play the playlists I create (the more I play, the more of these start showing up). They show up no matter the device I'm using to play them (both an iPAD and a Sony DVD player), which sort of leads me to believe that they're being transmitted by the server to the devices I'm streaming to.

Anyone know what these are, and more to the point, how to get rid of them? I've tried restarting the computer, and using the terminal command lines to stop and start the serviio server, all to no avail.

Thanks!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:10 pm

Re: "Phantom" playlists?

I'm not familiar with the way the MacOS stores temp and "deleted" files, but it does sound like that's what you're seeing. On a Windows machine, these files are usually stored in a hidden folder at the root of each drive. My solution to not see these hidden files was to make sure that Serviio was never using the root of a drive as a shared library location. I always create at least one folder in the root and make that my base location of the shared library. So the shared location was never E:\, but instead was E:\Media (or something similar).
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help