FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First Timer having trouble with Time Capsule

<<

sethclayton

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:06 am

First Timer having trouble with Time Capsule

Hi there!

So I downloaded Serviio so that I could use my TV to show videos and other media from my Apple Time Capsule (wireless router and hard drive). I downloaded and installed Serviio on my MacBook Air, and it seems to operate correctly.

I started the Serviio application and it automatically added my Samsung TV to the renderer list. I assume this is a good step one! Now I'm at a loss as to how I'm supposed to get the media files that are stored on the Time Capsule (and connected to my laptop via wifi) added to the library in Serviio.

My TV sees the Serviio "server" as a source, and I can see that there are no files in the library, so I think it's all working correctly...I'm just missing to key step of adding the files to Serviio. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Seth
<<

msj

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:48 am

Re: First Timer having trouble with Time Capsule

Hi Seth,

Did you hit save in the comsole after adding the foldes for your library?

and I can see that there are no files in the library, so I think it's all working correctly...I'm just missing to key step of adding the files to Serviio. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The library won't update until you do this.

MSJ
<<

sethclayton

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:11 am

msj wrote:Hi Seth,

Did you hit save in the comsole after adding the foldes for your library?

The library won't update until you do this.

MSJ

I don't know how to get the time capsule to show up as a potential source of media files to add to the library. So I haven't been able to get anything into the library.

Thanks!
<<

sethclayton

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:31 am

I guess I should clarify...

My time capsule does not show up as a renderer. Is this correct? My original assumption was that the renderers are display devices.

When I go to the library tab, my time capsule does not show up in the drop down menu when I try to add media from a "local" source. Should I be using the "Add Path..." button? If so, what would be the path for the time capsule?

Thanks for any help!

-Seth
<<

Megatron

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Hello.
I just purchased a time capsule and already had serviio with a different router.

I also store data on my time capsule (together with backups) and you can add folder on the time capsule by clicking "Add path.." and add /volumes/data/Folder Name/

I have a folder In the Data folder on the time capsule with the name media and i added it as a path as this: /volumes/data/Media/

It works for me.

Return to Serviio Support & Help