Post Mon May 28, 2012 5:47 pm

Update/Important Info

Greetings all, This is an update on issues I had downloading and installing serviio. A while ago I posted about having problems downloading and installing v 0.6.1 (thanks to all who tried to help) I tried again with 0.6.2, again same problem that download would not complete. By chance today I seem to of found the cause.
I have an out of date version of eset nod32 which I changed for more up to date virus protection - in the nod 32 quarantine file are a number of references to to serviio and in particular Genetick trojan. I Hope this makes some sense to people in this forum; does anyone have any ideas why this would occur? It probably also explains why i could get last v 5 serviio running, as my nod 32 was up to date at the time of install. Since then I have been banging my head against a brick wall not being able to get 0.6.1 or 0.6.2 running.(had to download serviio.exe to dropbox on my android and then pull it from dropbox on laptop to be able to install) I hope that I have now identified this issue I can get serviio working properly.
Hope this hasn't been too much of a ramble,
TL;DR nod 32 has caused conflict with serviio highlighting a trojan called Genetik.

will update on fresh install within a couple of days...