FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dish 922 HD Receiver Fails With Serviio 0.6.2

<<

ralphchrisdavis

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Dish 922 HD Receiver Fails With Serviio 0.6.2

Let me start by saying that this is a great piece of software.

I just set up Serviio 0.6.2 for the first time. The setup was easy enough and works well with my new Samsung D series TV. However it does not work with my new Dish Network 922 receiver. Serviio shows up as an available DLNA device in the receivers media sharing menu but when selected no files are shown. The receiver just sits with a moving bar like it is waiting for something and then after a few minutes shows a / with no files. I have tried both the Direct TV DVR and the Generic DLNA profiles with no effect. Does anyone know how I might get this working? Does anyone out there have a profile built up for the Dish network 922 receiver?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Re: Dish 922 HD Receiver Fails With Serviio 0.6.2

ralphchrisdavis wrote:Let me start by saying that this is a great piece of software.

I just set up Serviio 0.6.2 for the first time. The setup was easy enough and works well with my new Samsung D series TV. However it does not work with my new Dish Network 922 receiver. Serviio shows up as an available DLNA device in the receivers media sharing menu but when selected no files are shown. The receiver just sits with a moving bar like it is waiting for something and then after a few minutes shows a / with no files. I have tried both the Direct TV DVR and the Generic DLNA profiles with no effect. Does anyone know how I might get this working? Does anyone out there have a profile built up for the Dish network 922 receiver?

never heard of the device so no more than likely not a profile made up for it. you could try the Xbox360 profile? but if that fails please provide the sink info for the device.

http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=device_sf
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

ralphchrisdavis

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:01 pm

Thank you for the response. I tried the UPNP tools and it sees all of my devices with the exception of the DVR. I also tried the DLNA product search and it just searches, never finding anything.

The Dish Network 922 DVR receiver is their latest and greatest with Slingbox built in. It is very similar to their 722 receiver. I called Dish and was told that they have some software issues that they are working on that are affiliated with the problem I am having. They also told me that they have temporarily pulled this product from their catalog pending getting the software fixed. I guess I will wait. I should have been a beta tester. If a piece of software is going to have a problem I will see it first.
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:11 am

Let me know if you hear something from Dish. I have Dish Network and love it. Although I'm on a 625HD, which doesn't support DLNA, I'm probably going to look into the recently released Hopper. SatelliteGuys state it also supports DLNA, but just like the 922 there are issues. Regardless of the DLNA issues, we're probably going to upgrade and let this 625 die peacefully. :)
<<

mdavej

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Anyone have any luck yet with the hopper? Mine see's serviio, but just hangs when getting the content list. I've run Device Spy but the hopper won't report what files it supports. In the mean time I'll try the xbox profile as suggested earlier and report back.
<<

gerryb

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:44 pm

I tried XBox and Direct TV profiles for the Hopper, but then the Home Media app on the Hopper couldn't see Serviio at all. With the Generic DLNA profile, the Hopper can see Serviio, but not access any content.
<<

gerryb

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed May 02, 2012 3:55 pm

I ran Device Spy, and the results did not show a field named "Sink."
<<

mpemberton5

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:38 am

mpemberton5 wrote:Let me know if you hear something from Dish. I have Dish Network and love it. Although I'm on a 625HD, which doesn't support DLNA, I'm probably going to look into the recently released Hopper. SatelliteGuys state it also supports DLNA, but just like the 922 there are issues. Regardless of the DLNA issues, we're probably going to upgrade and let this 625 die peacefully. :)

So I just ordered the Hopper, getting it installed tomorrow afternoon. I've done a little research and it appears the HIC (Hopper Internet Connector) is (or was) required to properly connect to DNLA servers. I'm going to make sure it's connecting before the installer leaves. :) Will keep you updated.

Return to Serviio Support & Help