FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio will not scan folder

<<

JimSonyTV

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Serviio will not scan folder

I have a very large folder on my PC called "Photos" containing numerous folders of jpegs which I have in the past been able to view via Serviio on my Sony KDL46HX803 without problem.

Something seems to have changed of late and I am no longer able to view any of the contents of the Photos folder on my TV - it says "There are no items to display" when I open it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Serviio but this has made no difference. I have also tried "Force refresh" but the "checking for new files" button under "show status" just remains red and nothing appears to be scanned.

If I copy an individual folder from the Photos folder to another location on my PC and then add it to my Serviio library, it works fine, and I can see it on my TV. Similarly, other folders containing mp3s also work fine with Serviio.

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be?

The only thing I can think of is that I have recently started using Livedrive on-line backup for my Photos folder. The Livedrive software detects any changes in the Photos folder and replicates them in the on-line backup. Is it possible that this is somehow preventing Serviio from scanning the folder?

A copy of my Serviio log is attached.

I should be very grateful for any help.
Attachments
serviio.log
(337.66 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Re: Serviio will not scan folder

It doesn't even start looking in the images folder. It looks like it's either not added in the console or you selected a wrong file type to look for.
<<

JimSonyTV

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Here's a screen shot of the Library tab in the console and a fresh copy of the log. I reinstalled the program and deleted the plugins as they (or something) seemed to be making the log rapidly exceed 500kb maximum for upload. "E:\Photos" is definitely the correct path. I hope that this helps and very much appreciate your taking time to look at this.
Attachments
Console settings.doc
(272 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
serviio.log
(69.42 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
<<

zip

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Looks like access rights problem to me. Is E path to a remote drive? If yes look at the FAQ. Make sure the user running the serviio service has read access to the folders and files. If it's a remote drive you should use UNC path rather than drive letter.
<<

JimSonyTV

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:35 pm

E is not a remote drive - it's a partition on a hard drive.
<<

JimSonyTV

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 pm

I have managed to cure the problem by going into the security settings for E:\Photos and making them match those of another folder which worked with Serviio.

I'm not sure which of the changes cured the problem, but I noticed that there were two "Group or user names" missing from E:\Photos, namely "System" and "Administrators".

Thank you for your help.
<<

zip

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:18 pm

that would be it, as the server usually runs under a System account.

Return to Serviio Support & Help