FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

maybe a way to view amazon videos via serviio

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu May 03, 2012 12:02 am

maybe a way to view amazon videos via serviio

I found this link on how to watch amazon videos on xbox 360.

Wonder if this can be modified to work with serviio.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/xbox

Choose from over 100,000 movies and TV shows to watch on your Xbox 360. It's easy to connect your Xbox 360 console to a Windows PC to watch videos from Amazon Instant Video.
Instructions
Install the Amazon Unbox Video Player on your Windows PC.
Confirm that you have Windows Media Player 11 installed (install it if you don't have it yet).
Connect your Xbox 360 and your PC to your home network (wired connection recommended). For details, see Xbox 360 home networking basics
On your PC, open Windows Media Player and do the following:
Click Library, Media Sharing.
Select Share my media, OK. Windows Vista users may receive a User Account Control (UAC) prompt, select Continue.
Windows Media Player will search for devices on your network.
Click your Xbox console, and then click Allow. When done, click OK.
On your Xbox 360, go to the Media area of your Xbox Dashboard and select Video.
If the videos on your PC aren't displayed, press X and select your PC.
Now your Xbox 360 should be showing all the videos you have downloaded from Amazon Instant Video. If you need further help, visit the Useful Links section on the right.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

jabrown0604

Serviio lover

Post Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 am

Re: maybe a way to view amazon videos via serviio

I would assume that it wouldn't be to easy for this to be incorporated because it looks like you need to be logged in to view the videos. That's probably the purpose of the application that needs to be installed. This is just me thinking out loud though. It would be netflix like and serviio doesn't do that....yet. Although for me I probably still wouldn't use serviio for it since there is an app on the tv for me to use netflix. Same with amazon, there just isn't a need for me to incorporate a man in the middle for these services.
“Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.”
Server-Mac Mini / OS-WHS 2011 SP1 / TV/HTS-Sharp Aquos/Samsung HT-C6600
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu May 03, 2012 12:45 pm

if you look at the page the videos are being sent from amazon unbox program to the xbox via media player 11. I do not think that you will be able to view all the files on amazon this way, you would have to set up to watch a file on the computer then stream it via media player 11 or serviio.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

jabrown0604

Serviio lover

Post Thu May 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Oh ok, your asking if a plugin could be set up to intercept the data from unbox or wmp? hmmm I have no idea.
“Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.”
Server-Mac Mini / OS-WHS 2011 SP1 / TV/HTS-Sharp Aquos/Samsung HT-C6600
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri May 04, 2012 1:06 am

jabrown0604 wrote:Oh ok, your asking if a plugin could be set up to intercept the data from unbox or wmp? hmmm I have no idea.

just an idea. I have even thought about writing amazon and see if they will write an app/plugin to allow amazon prime to be used with serviio.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Return to Serviio Support & Help