FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pause with Online Sources WD TV Live

<<

UK2LV

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Pause with Online Sources WD TV Live

Hello, and thank you for the wonderful software. I have noticed that pause doesn't work with Online sources on the WD TV Live. It does work with the PS3 and my son's Xbox 360 with Online sources, and pause does work on the WD TV Live with video files on my computer - just not the Online sources. With the Online sources using the WD TV Live once I un-pause, it begins playing the video again from the beginning instead of just continuing on from where I initially had pressed pause.

When I first tried using the WD TV Live with Online sources, it didn't work and I had to follow instructions in this forum post to get it working: http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3322

It now plays great, except for lack of pause. I have been using the PS3 instead, but it would be great if I could use the WD TV Live instead and keep the PS3 in the living room. Is there anything I can change to fix this? Thanks any one for assistance.

-April
<<

John Law

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 13, 2012 10:00 am

Re: Pause with Online Sources WD TV Live

You haven't given any information about your setup but my understanding is that serviio isn't involved in your problem. The WD live talks directly to your router (at least mine does) and you would probably be better advised by posting on the WDlive or WDLXTV forums. I have just started playing a film from WDFLIX and have paused for up to 10mins without a fault. My basic equipment is a patched WD live, a Linksys router and a desktop with all server software disabled except for seviio.
John
<<

John Law

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 13, 2012 11:03 am

My apologies for having totally missed the point! The question is now whether the pause problem is due to serviio, the setup, the profile or the online source. You could try disabling the media services provided by other servers e.g. WMP, PowerDVD etc. or turning transcoding OFF but my feeling is that the profile has an issue. Perhaps the experts would take a look for the next update.
John
<<

UK2LV

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 13, 2012 2:02 pm

John,

Hello, and thank you for giving me some ideas to try. I have tried turning transcoding off, and this didn't make any difference. I made sure that WMP sharing and file sharing on my PC was off, and this didn't help.

The problem only seems to exist with Online sources and is the same with all the plugins I've tried - Hulu, CBS, and Crackle (so RSS and Web Resource types). Pause works fine when playing an .avi file that is on my computer. Pause works perfectly with PS3 and Xbox 360 with Online sources, so with my setup it only seems to be a problem for the WD TV Live.

I also went down the list and tried each different Profile type, trying pause with each. For the ones that played, pause still did not work. The Sony BD Player/SMP profile reacted a little differently. After I un-paused it would start over from the beginning but was playing in fast forward, as if trying to get back to the spot where I had paused.

I'm fine using the PS3 for now, but if any one has any more ideas, I'd be happy to try them out. Thank you.

-April
<<

spengo

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 24, 2012 7:05 pm

I have the exact samt problem. Its also not possible to fast-forward for more than just a few seconds...

The thing thats different between ps3 and 360 compared to WD TV Live is that for the WD TV Live Serviio only does remuxing. That is a good thing, because it does not need a lot of CPU power from the computer. The bad thing is that this seem to affect the ability to pause and fast-forward online sources. Can anyone help out here?!

Return to Serviio Support & Help