FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Making serviio family friendly

<<

minesapint

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Making serviio family friendly

I currently use Serviio for all my connected devices (sony, samsung, humax, xbox and wdtv) to play video, it works great. Unfortunately, as there is no support for WAV i have to keep my other media server on my NAS live in order to play music.

I am trying to make my media setup as family friendly as possible - my music server appears on all our devices with an obvious name "Music" but serviio appears in the list as "Serviio (<computername>)" - not obvious to a 9 year old what its purpose is. Is there any way to make this name more family friendly, such as "Movies and TV" ?

Alternatelvely, is there any chance wav files will become supported in the near future and therefore i can switch off everything but a single instance of serviio ?

Thanks
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed May 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Re: Making serviio family friendly

Not sure about wav files, but for the name edit C:\Program Files\Serviio\config\profiles.xml, or the equivilant if you are running serviio on your NAS, and change the following line near the top to whatever you want. Then restart the service from the start menu/ using your /etc/init.d/ script for your NAS.

Code:
 <FriendlyName>Serviio ({computerName})</FriendlyName>
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

minesapint

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Making serviio family friendly

Thank you for the prompt reply, i shall try it shortly.

Return to Serviio Support & Help