FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Adding More Sections/Libraries

<<

rawfuls

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 20, 2012 5:03 am

Adding More Sections/Libraries

My brother is home for the most part now, which means there's a new spot in our HTPC console for his PS3.

My other brother had his friend setup media streaming from PC->PS3, and he could watch movies, tvshows, that he had on the PC, directly to the computer.
We are wanting to do the same..

Now here's the tricky part.

I have Music, Movies, AND TV Shows.

I've tried Windows Media Player, TVersity, but all of them only support Music & Movies; and won't add that second library/separate library for TV Shows.
Why?
I have tons of TV Shows I want to have separated from the Movies section, because scrolling through all those TV show episodes to find one movie can get.. annoying.

I'm not sure if there is already a way to do this, or not.
Basically, to summarize, I'd like to add another 'section' in addition to the Music/Photos/Videos...
In fact, I don't even need Photos..
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun May 20, 2012 5:22 am

Re: Adding More Sections/Libraries

if the file names are correct serviio will split movies and tv series into different folders, it will even show the TV series per season.

Code:
streams audio, video (SD & HD) and image files in their native format or transcoded in real-time
streams content from online sources, like RSS feeds, live audio/video streams, web page content
includes a plugin system to support streaming from non-trivial online sources
automatically udpates the media library when you add/update/remove a media file or a metadata file
wide array of localized library browsing options
supports different editable renderer profiles
supports automatic renderer detection and per-IP profile assignment
extracts metadata of your media files the way you want it, incl. embedded metadata tags, local metadata files, online metadata sources (in preferred language), XBMC, Swisscenter, MyMovies
supports video thumbnails, CD covers, DVD posters, etc.
supports external subtitles
categorizes video files into movie and/or series and marks last viewed episodes of a series
available for Windows, Linux and Mac (with the possibility to run the server part one one platform and console on another)
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

rawfuls

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 20, 2012 5:25 am

moltra wrote:if the file names are correct serviio will split movies and tv series into different folders, it will even show the TV series per season.

How do I know the correct file name that Serviio will like?
Is there another way around this?

I have them labeled as:
For instance:

The Big Bang Theory 03x04 (Season 3 x Episode 4)
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm

that should work, go to Videos -> Series. Make sure you have online metadata on.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sun May 20, 2012 2:17 pm

I use the tool in this post
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

rawfuls

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 20, 2012 8:05 pm

zip wrote:that should work, go to Videos -> Series. Make sure you have online metadata on.

Interesting, will re-add and refresh to see if it shows up.

moltra wrote:I use the tool in this post

Not sure if I'm not seeing something.. but what tool?

EDIT:
Aha!
Looks like it does add it.
Whoopsies, should've looked more into it before saying anything.
There's also a place that you can go that is Folders, then shows the different folders I've added.
Sweet.

Thanks!

Return to Serviio Support & Help