FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WTV and wma support for a noob (HELP!)

<<

botcolon

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 29, 2012 11:56 pm

WTV and wma support for a noob (HELP!)

Hi there,

I am impressed by serviio and just installed it on my Ubuntu headless server 12.04 LTS but need 3 things ironed out before I give it the go ahead (otherwise its back to mediatomb):

1. I can’t play wma music on my android xperia arc S, so I need to transcode this ‘on the fly’ to mp3 if possible?
2. I can play WTV tv recordings but they are choppy on my android. I would like to downsize so the bitrate doesn’t choke on my wifi (802.11g)/android cpu. (not sure which is causing it)
3. What would I need to do to enable access via the WAN. I wish to use SSH access via eth0.

From my understanding I need to build a profile for the android phone, but I am completely out of my depth. I have searched the wiki/forums for 2 days but I can’t seem to find a direct thread which shows me how. Any chance someone could help/show me how? I know how to edit the profiles.xml file, but it’s the content I struggle with. 

I am running a stock standard profiles.xml
and ffmpeg was obtained by ‘sudo apt-get install ffmpeg’ command.
Android is running bubbleupnp and vplayer (can also use mxplayer). I am using serviiodroid to manage.

Any help would be appreciated.
michael
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 am

Re: WTV and wma support for a noob (HELP!)

1. I can’t play wma music on my android xperia arc S, so I need to transcode this ‘on the fly’ to mp3 if possible?

Possible, look at Sony profiles (container="asf"), set target container to mp3. More info here: http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=24

2. I can play WTV tv recordings but they are choppy on my android. I would like to downsize so the bitrate doesn’t choke on my wifi (802.11g)/android cpu. (not sure which is causing it)

Will be possible in 1.0 via a profile

3. What would I need to do to enable access via the WAN. I wish to use SSH access via eth0.

Will be built-in in 1.0
<<

botcolon

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:50 am

thanks zip,

'asf' hasn't helped. I applied it to all of the audo place in the sony profiles. restarted serviio, but still not being played by my arc'S'

when is 1.0 planned?

michael
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:16 am

what I meant is you will need a trancoding section that will look something like this:

Code:
<Audio targetContainer="mp3">
  <Matches container="asf" />
</Audio>

Return to Serviio Support & Help