FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio crash when running utorrent

<<

kawkaw2

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:42 pm

Serviio crash when running utorrent

Has anyone figured out how to work around Serviio crashing while running utorrent? I have a Samsung BD3600 running latest update. Running latest utorrent under Windows 7. I tried turning off Upnp updating in utorrent but doesn't help. Using wireless on a Linksys54G router with latest version of Tomato. Happens erratically but even with detailed logging I can't figure out what to do to stop it.
Any help would be appreciated?
<<

iMcRabbi

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 am

Re: Serviio crash when running utorrent

I have the same setup with no crash. I don't keep my torrents in a directory that's indexed by serviio. Not sure if that has anything too do with it.

Sent from my LG-P999 using THE FORCE
<<

kawkaw2

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Do you use the Renderer Profile? If so how do you have it setup? I can't figure out what is going on? I read someone saying the UPnP could be causing problems with my Router so I turned that off in utorrent but still no change. Hoping someone has some ideas.
THanks
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:25 pm

What do you mean by " Crashes " ??? as i run a simalar setupo and have NEVER had it crash, i have had file buffer out if im running to mnay torrent at same time as streaming from serviio but thats it.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

kawkaw2

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:53 pm

I am getting Serviio disconnected message. After clicking ok I brought back to the main input select screen and the Serviio icon is no longer on the screen, but after waiting or stopping and restarting the Serviio server, I can reconnect. When I turn off utorrent I don't get any disconnects and everything seems fine. It has to be some conflict with Utorrent and Serviio server???
<<

Lowlander

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:43 pm

It might be a good idea to check which IP port numbers are used by Serviio and uTorrent. There will be conflicts when both apps try to use the same port to communicate or when there are overlapping ranges for dynamic port assignments.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:53 pm

kawkaw2 wrote:I am getting Serviio disconnected message. After clicking ok I brought back to the main input select screen and the Serviio icon is no longer on the screen, but after waiting or stopping and restarting the Serviio server, I can reconnect. When I turn off utorrent I don't get any disconnects and everything seems fine. It has to be some conflict with Utorrent and Serviio server???

yep that correct utorrent is using so much bandwidth of your network card it crushes the link between your network and serviio, easiest wway to solve is limit amount of bandwidth used by utorrent, or simple dont download lots of torrents at same tie your streaming video with serviio.

FYI - if your running a GB network you will find that this doesnt happen as much as if you are running a 100mb network :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

yaiohena

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:38 am

How do you enable utorrent connection through nod32 firewall? My Nod32 firewall seems to be blocking uTorrent internet access. What settings do I need to change?

Return to Serviio Support & Help