FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"No files found...." with Windows Media Player

<<

petes

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:50 am

"No files found...." with Windows Media Player

I've got .62 running happily on a Windows Home Server 2011, and can see my music & image libraries fine from other devices or other clients on my laptop (Win 7, x64), but when I look at Serviio from WMP (12), I can see the server, but for all of music, image or video, it just shows "No files have been found on this remote library". If I look in the serviio logs, I can see the connection and a request to list files. Any ideas?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:31 am

Re: "No files found...." with Windows Media Player

WMP isn't DLNA compliant and expects content to have sepcific ids. If you assign it the XBOX 360 profile I think it will work. Otherwise VLC 2.0+ or XBMC are good software clients.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

petes

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:28 am

Re: "No files found...." with Windows Media Player

will wrote:WMP isn't DLNA compliant and expects content to have sepcific ids. If you assign it the XBOX 360 profile I think it will work. Otherwise VLC 2.0+ or XBMC are good software clients.

Yes, I know WMP is a little weird, but most of the other servers I've tried are able to present info in a way WMP can understand - e.g. both Twonky and Asset are fine with WMP. XBMC is fine of course, but I don't really like VLC with UPNP tbh. I tried the Xbox profile, but it doesn't work either. I know the Asset had to do some specific things to get it working with WMP - I guess serviio will need some tweaking to work with WMP.

Return to Serviio Support & Help