FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BubbleUPnP Subtitle support

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:56 pm

BubbleUPnP Subtitle support

I am using BubbleUPnp to obtain Serviio media on my Android tablet. Everything works fine except subtitles.

Attached is the sink info for the BubbleUPnP renderer and the BubbleUPnP profile I am using which includes the subtitle mime.

I know the MX player supports the subtitles from Serviio because ServiiGo is able to add them.

What am I missing to obtain subtitle support via DLNA?
Attachments
bubbleUPnP.zip
(506 Bytes) Downloaded 254 times
Android_Profile.txt.zip
(664 Bytes) Downloaded 258 times
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 pm

Re: BubbleUPnP Subtitle support

you have to ask BubbleUpnp guys if they support subtitles ... they are not DLNA standard
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:16 pm

I need to tell them what to support.

Does Serviio customize subtitle support to what each manufactures renderer supports or is there a common ad-hoc way that they all use that you support?

Right now seems they expect the subs to be embedded by transcoding but seem to be open to better support if they knew what was required.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:35 pm

is BubbleUpnp renderer, controller or what? Does it just pass the media onto the device? Str subs are per manufacturer, but a few seem to support the way Pnasocin/Twonky do it - an additional resource with mime-type text/srt.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:19 pm

zip wrote:is BubbleUpnp renderer, controller or what? Does it just pass the media onto the device? Str subs are per manufacturer, but a few seem to support the way Pnasocin/Twonky do it - an additional resource with mime-type text/srt.

Thanks. Its a full featured UPnP/DLNA Control Point, UPnP Media Renderer and UPnP Media Server, but I simply use it to connect to Serviio and then it passes the files to MXPlayer which has subtitle support. Features here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1118891

Return to Serviio Support & Help