FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cannot connect/see Serviio from all devices. ServiiDroid can

<<

sampath.mamilapo

Serviio lover

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Cannot connect/see Serviio from all devices. ServiiDroid can

Hi,

I tried to find my problem with the search but no luck.

I cannot connect/see Serviio from all devices. ServiiDroid can connect to it though. Serviio shows also all my devices.

My devices are a SamsungTV C-Sersies, a Smartphone (Android) with SmartShare, etc. and a Laptop.

Everything worked flawlessly before. The Serviio console can even see my TV, etc. But the other way around doesn't work. I changed nothing -- this happened without a reason.

I restarted my computer and router without luck.

Thanks,
sb
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 am

Re: Cannot connect/see Serviio from all devices. ServiiDroid

Had same issue last couple of weeks with Windows 7 PC. Serviio starts, is running but cant be seen by Tv but ServiioDroid sees it fine. Sometimes after a reboot it is back but yeah was going and just rebooted (and opposite), running but tv cannot see it. I run 3 copies - Windows 7, WindowsHome server and ReadyNAS Ultra. Only one having issues all of a sudden is the Windows 7 one.

Its intermittent but exactly as original poster.
Serviio fan. DLNA to Panasonic VT tvs, QNAP 651 and Synology 916 NAS boxes.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:37 am

ServiiDroid conects through different ways than the TVs. It could be multicasting is failing or it's binding to a wrong IP address - try to force it.
<<

sampath.mamilapo

Serviio lover

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:43 pm

I have Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows7 running on the computer that runs Serviio. Both run the most recent release 0.6.2. Both worked flawlessly.

Well, not really flawlessly. There were some hick-ups on Windows7 where it had the same problem. Serviio out of the blue wasn't visible to any of my devices anymore. And I have many devices. I restarted my computer several times and reset the router and all that. It really didn't help but sometimes it just worked again.
Anyways...since I am running Ubuntu 12.04 I had a perfect Serviio connection. No problems. Suddenly all my devices can't 'see' Serviio anymore :(
When I boot into Windows7 Serviio works...very strange.

So it isn't the router or my computer hardware I guess.

What do you mean by forcing IP address binding? Manually add devices by IP?
<<

Quinny

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Mines bound to 192.168.1.102. Says that on box, in Windows and in ServiioDroid.

Rebooted with todays Windows Updates and its back again. Not sure I have same issue as main poster but sounds similar.
Serviio fan. DLNA to Panasonic VT tvs, QNAP 651 and Synology 916 NAS boxes.
<<

sampath.mamilapo

Serviio lover

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Is there any way I can somehow at least try to get closer to what the problem is? At the moment I have no clue.

As I said, it works on Windows7. So it shouldn't be the router. Strangely I had similar problems under Window7 before but it worked on Ubuntu. Now it is the other way around.

Serviio is such a great software -- I would rather get no more new features for a while in exchange for a more stable base-functionality. It is always so frustrating when you plan a movie evening and it doesn't work no matter what you do.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Can you attach your serviio.log file and ip addresses

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

sampath.mamilapo

Serviio lover

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Thanks...but trust me...there is nothing in that log file. It is a really strange bug and many people have similar problems.

It is sad, that one cannot debug this. Isn't there a program like WireShark or something that can somehow visualize how it connects to my router/WLAN and somehow show what it sees and maybe why it doesn't see my Serviio.

As I said, same laptop, same version of Serviio. It worked on Windows7 and Ubuntu12.04. It stopped working on Windows7 several times but started working again. It worked for a long time on Ubuntu12.04 without a glitch. I didn't change anything but now it just stopped. Nothing. Nada.

Return to Serviio Support & Help