FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stuttering on sony blu-ray player - Newbie!

<<

jordanchap

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:17 am

Stuttering on sony blu-ray player - Newbie!

Hey, just got a sony blu-ray player, the S590 model. I'm excited to use this program to help stream my home pictures and home videos to the blu-ray player for viewing on my tv. Serviio setup and streams things really well except my videos. They stutter really bad and I was hoping there would be some solutions to it. My computer is really up to date; I built it myself has a ATI 6850 graphics card with a quad core processor and 8gigs ram. My router is an old one, it's a Cisco Linksys WRT110 and my blu-ray player is connected wireless. My movies are recorded by my canon camera so they are 720p .mov movies. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
<<

jordanchap

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:31 am

Re: Stuttering on sony blu-ray player - Newbie!

Ok, I guess this is still at the top so I'm not technically bumping yet :D On a hunch, I tested it with a wired connection from my router and the videos work great! So it's just my wireless connection I guess. Are there any routers that would work wirelessly? Any way I can test how much bandwidth the videos are using and then use that to determine a router I could use? (I'd just use the wired connection but my router and blu-ray player are kind of far from each other and it leaves a wire along the floor). Thanks!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Re: Stuttering on sony blu-ray player - Newbie!

Return to Serviio Support & Help