Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Serviio and Eset NOD32 AV

Having an issue at present with Eset NOD32 V5 AV causing disconnection issues with Serviio on my DLNA devices.

Some months ago I installed Serviio on my Windows Home Server 2011 machine. What a huge improvement over the bundled DLNA server with WHS 2011. It has been working without problems until recently, when all of a sudden I started having problems with my Sony TVs and Samsung BR players losing connection to Serviio. It had me scratching my head for a few days until I disabled Eset NOD32 antivirus which was installed a week or so previously. Sure enough the problems disappeared. NOD32 has not logged any problems with Serviio or found anything wrong on the server which is a little frustrating. Also there are very limited number of AV programs for WHS 2011 so I would like this config to work. Yes I do need the AV as I can have the server connected to the internet.

Doing a search on this site and the web I have struggled to find definitive info on this issue with discussions centering on router problems and not NOD32.

At present I have enabled NOD32 with some setting changes to see if I have rectified the issue and will post if I have success. In the meantime has anyone already found a workaround or can offer assistance with this issue.

Cheers
Gingernut63