FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ffmpeg.exe runs 100% att idle.

<<

MarkJohnson

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:21 am

ffmpeg.exe runs 100% att idle.

I just reboot my server and for some reason ffmmpeg.exe is chewing up all my process time and maxing my power usage. (idles normally at 40watts, now almost 60watts.)

When I look at task manager it shows like 8 instances of ffmpeg.exe running. I just booted and nothing is logged into the server. what could make it run so much?

I tried updating the ffmmpeg.exe from the how to: sticky, but have no clue where is goes. The .txt file just tells about changes and not how to install and I couldn't find a setup file.

This is a relatively fresh installl of Windows Home Server 2011 and only has Serviio installed. I don't think I even tried installing any drivers. I tried setting up the built-in DLNA for my Samsung SmartTV, but it only plays a couple vids. So I installed Serviio as it was highly recommended.

My setup is:

HP ProLiant Server N40L upgraded to 8GB ECC RAM. WHS 2011 with all windows updates and Serviio add-in.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 am

Re: ffmpeg.exe runs 100% att idle.

It's probably generating thumbnail images for your content in the background. Did you recently add lots of photos to the Serviio library by any chance?
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Re: ffmpeg.exe runs 100% att idle.

still, 8 instances of ffmpeg.exe is weird, it should have 1 for the library additions and possibly more if there are clients connected and transcoding different files at the same time. Is there anything in the log?

Return to Serviio Support & Help