FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hidden folder/file and Playlist problem (image/photo)

<<

Neptune

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:52 am

Hidden folder/file and Playlist problem (image/photo)

I have recently updated Serviio and was going to be a little bit more "advanced", like using hidden folders/files and also playlists (not the plug-in, actually I have no plug-ins)

| System info |
Windows XP Pro 64bit SP 2
Serviio v. 1.0.1
Samsung series D or Serviio Media Browser

| Thread info |
Images/photo
Folders and files "Hidden" attribute
Playlist (built in support, not plug-in)
Log checked, no errors occured/log looks completely normal/as expected.

1. Hiiden files/folders attribute
As far as I have could read about Serviio, it should support hiding folders or files/setting the "Hidden" file/folder attribute to true.
If I make a new folder, add images and folders and hide whatever I wanna hide all is OK.
But if I hide folders/files allready scanned by Serviio, the changes are not discovered, even if I do a rescan.
If I rename the folder or an image, that has the Hidden attribute set, everything is OK.
- Mayby, you guys need a "I use hidden files/folders" option, so that when Serviio rescans it knows it also has to look at attributes.

2. Playlist content updates (.pls filetype).
If I add or remove a file inside a .pls file, the change is not discovered by Serviio, I have to make a file with a new name or rename the exsisting .pls file.
{ Before change }
  Code:
Playlist filename: test.pls
----------------------------------
[playlist]
File1=C:\Multimedia\image0001.jpg
Title1=My first image
Length1=0
NumberOfEntries=1
Version=2

{ After change }
  Code:
[playlist]
Title1=My first image
Length1=0
File2=C:\Multimedia\image0002.jpg
Title2=My second image
Length2=0
NumberOfEntries=2
Version=2

In the example above the "C:\Multimedia\image002.jpg" is never displayed, unless the playlist file is renamed or created with a different name.

3. Playlist file comment ignored (.pls filetype).
If I make a new .pls playlist file and add some files and also description/comments for thoose files, Serviio ignores theese settings.
The same goes for existing playlist files and rescan.

Code:
[playlist]
Title1=My first image
Length1=0
NumberOfEntries=1
Version=2

In the example above the Title1 setting, is completely ignored by Serviio.

4. m3u playlist files
I have tried the same things ( reference 2 and 3 in this Thread ) with .m3u playlist files.
Exact the same result, no errors to see in the log, all files and folders are as expected, including file content.

Thanks
Neptune a fish on dry land.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: Hidden folder/file and Playlist problem (image/photo)

Neptune wrote:But if I hide folders/files allready scanned by Serviio, the changes are not discovered, even if I do a rescan.

What changes do you mean?
If I add or remove a file inside a .pls file, the change is not discovered by Serviio, I have to make a file with a new name or rename the exsisting .pls file.

It checks every 5 minutes for changes made to the playlists, based on LastModified date. If you enable detailed log you should see entries like

Code:
Playlist XXXXXXX has changed, updating the library

If I make a new .pls playlist file and add some files and also description/comments for thoose files, Serviio ignores theese settings.

That is correct, only file references are taken from the playlists. For titles it uses titles of the files as they were added to the library (eg music - id3 tags, video - online db titles.. images - file name)
<<

Neptune

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 am

zip wrote:
Neptune wrote:But if I hide folders/files allready scanned by Serviio, the changes are not discovered, even if I do a rescan.

What changes do you mean?

Assume a folder and its files do not have attribute Hidden set.
The folder and files are scanned and displayable through Serviio.
Now! Set that folders attribute to hidden.
Serviio ignores this change.

To proof that I'm right, create a folder, set it to hidden, add files.
NOW scan for the newly added folder.
Serviio does not load the folder, as expected

More proof
A folder is hidden.
The folder has been scanned
The folder is not displayed (as expected)
Remove the Hidden attribute.
Serviio now sees the folder and displays it (as expected)

The final proof
You just changed a folder from Hidden to not hidden in the proof above.
Try and reverse that action.
You will notice that regardles of how you set the Hidden attribute, Serviio completely ignores the changes you make.

So Serviio does not recognize, if the "File Attribute: Hidden" is set
after the folder or file, has been added to the Serviio library of scanned items.
In other words: Serviio doesn't remove the file or folder from the library, if the "Hidden attribute" is set after Serviio has scanned that folder or files.

Hope that was explanatory enough, it's all about allready scanned or not scanned files and folders and playing with the Hidden Attribute for folders and files.

zip wrote:
Neptune wrote:If I add or remove a file inside a .pls file, the change is not discovered by Serviio, I have to make a file with a new name or rename the exsisting .pls file.

It checks every 5 minutes for changes made to the playlists, based on LastModified date. If you enable detailed log you should see entries like

My bad, guess I was playing too mutch with both options (hidden files and playlists) at the same time, sorry! :oops:

zip wrote:
Neptune wrote:If I make a new .pls playlist file and add some files and also description/comments for thoose files, Serviio ignores theese settings.

That is correct, only file references are taken from the playlists. For titles it uses titles of the files as they were added to the library (eg music - id3 tags, video - online db titles.. images - file name)

Are there any plans for supporting comments or how about EXIF support?
Hmmm mayby this question should be in seperate thread ... me put geek glasses on now :geek:
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:30 pm

you are right, the hidden flag is only checked when adding new files. It won't remove file if already added. It's there mainly to filter out hidden thumbnail images, etc - not to control what file to primarily share - for that you should use shared folders

Return to Serviio Support & Help