FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Library empty via DLNA, Yet works via web browser.

<<

pir8radio

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:01 am

I can browse to my Serviio DLNA server via windows media player.. but all directories empty... music, video, pictures... Yet everything shows up when using the media browser.

Server: Windows 7 64 bit, Xenon Quad Core 2Ghz, 16 Gb RAM, Media on local SATA RAID. 117,065 MP3's, 12,528 Music Videos, 287 Uncompressed DVD's (MKV), 5 Photos.

Thanks for any help you can lend... Dont want to go looking for another DLNA server....... My media drives are all setup for READ ONLY access... I dont like programs screwing with my music, or file structure. Looks like serviio stores everything on the system C: drive though so this shouldnt be an issue.. Serviio shouldnt need to write to my music drives anyway. ;)
<<

pir8radio

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:23 am

Re: Library empty via DLNA, Yet works via web browser.

Never mind..... I just found out that Serviio DOES NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS without using a third party player.... Defeats the purpose for me... To allow guests on my network to play music to my ceiling speakers... If they have to install crap...

I guess i will have to go back to one of ALL other media servers that serve to WMP.....

Thanks for reading, sorry i didnt find the solution prior to my first post...
<<

r-win

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:26 am

Yes, Windows Media Player is the actual crap, since they deviate from the standard. Windows 8 however has full support for DLNA. Yet, windows media player in Windows 8 still doesn't work...
Linksys WRT320N | Samsung PS-50C7700 | Microsoft XBOX 360 | Windows 8.1 | Linux Ubuntu 13.04
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:17 am

Re: Library empty via DLNA, Yet works via web browser.

Have you tried assigning the Xbox 360 profile, iirc that works because it changes the ids to match what wmp expecta
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support

Return to Serviio Support & Help