FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to play media from last playing point.

<<

Jowind

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:13 pm

How to play media from last playing point.

Hello everyone,
I'm an user since 2011 and I always installed the new version of the software when available.
I'm using the last version 2.2.1
But I cannot restart the file from the point where I left it anymore.
Every time I play again a file, it start from the beginning.

I cannot find any setting describing this function.
Can it be related to some Windows Setting?
I use Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks fro support.
Best regards
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 am

Re: How to play media from last playing point.

That usually means the file is being transcoded, and the format used doesn't support resume. Check on the Status tab of the console and see if the profile was somehow changed from the correct one.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

eduardok

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:29 am

I was also able to resume with the older free versions of Serviio. I upgraded to the 2.2 Pro version and now video will not resume on my Samsung TVs, version H,J,NU. Files are not being transcoded, I have the proper profiles assigned to each TV. When I install an older free version resume works. There is definitely something wrong with the Pro version with respect to RESUME.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:05 pm

There's no functional difference between Pro and standard, other than some additional features that are specific to Pro. It's the same program, with the Pro features merely turned off if no license is installed. The code is all still there. You don't install a free or pro version. It's all the same program.

Depending on how old of a version you installed, it might be a completely different version of the profile assigned to your TV. I've only been involved with creating two of the Samsung profiles, the JU and NU series. I can't say of any changes were made to any of the other Samsung profiles. Exactly what version did you install? Usually you can't downgrade a Serviio install to an older version. You have to remove and install clean with the older version. Many times a newer version makes changes to the database that are not compatible with older versions.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to User experiences