FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Servio Disconnected" issues with 1.3.1

<<

hdrinehart01

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:06 am

"Servio Disconnected" issues with 1.3.1

I had to uninstall 1.3.1 and reinstall 1.2 to be able to access my temp files folder. It's where I keep everything I download until I have time to watch it, (movie files, that is) and around page 6-9 of the thirty pages of movies Serviio shows when I open it I'd get a message that Serviio had disconnected itself, and have to start all over again.

After doing that ten or twelve times, and discovering that turning the automatic update off didn't resolve the issue, I uninstalled the new and 'improved' version, reinstalled the old one, and now everything works just fine again, including the auto updating. When it updates new movies, it disconnects, but that's livable, as it doesn't do it every time I scroll through the list looking for a movie to watch. . .

I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION OF SERVIIO, even though I love the older version of the program and the way it works!

I am running an e-machine with Win7 Home Pro, 4Tb of internal and external storage, 4Gb of ddr2 memory, Firefox as a web browser, and had no, repeat no, issues with Serviio until they improved it to this latest version.

I'm happy all the rest of you are happy.

Henry D. Rinehart :evil:
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:31 am

Re: "Servio Disconnected" issues with 1.3.1

Sorry to see the approach you have taken. It may have been worthwhile trying this forum to see if people could assist, before downgrading to the previous version.

As it stands, even in previous versions it shouldn't disconnect when updating new movies (what do you mean by this??). Post a detailed log showing the disconnect and maybe someone on the forum can help you.

ps. This temp folder - its not the same temp folder used for transcoding (in Serviio Console, Delivery, Transcoded File Location)?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

POS

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:59 pm

I have the same issue with 1.3.1 for Windows. When it happens, I see event 903 at the same time.

Just changed the logging to debug, let's see what it shows

Yeah the 1.3.1 is a little buggy, but in general Serviio I am quite happy with it
<<

cjany

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:14 am

I have had the same issue with Serviio disconnecting with-out warning it just drops off for no reason, I checked both my Samsung smart Blu-ray and my Gbox MX2 midnight in which it is connected to then I check my network, nothings wrong Serviio just seems to stop responding for no apparent reason. Recently I have switched from Wi-Fi to wired and the issue is still happening consistently, I set up a static wired connection for Serviio on my router and it still drops off, Serviio is better or easier to deal with than most of the other DNLA media servers I have used, I have XBMC and it is just to painful to run and set up, I use it when Serviio is being a pain in the a---, but I prefer Serviio and did plan to upgrade to pro, but before I make that move I need it to be more reliable, so if any one has a suggestion, to help out please feel free to respond to this comment.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 pm

It might be a setting on your router. Try some of the tips here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10289

Return to User experiences