Serviio vs TVMOBILI / Transcoding

<<

efuenzalida

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:02 am

Serviio vs TVMOBILI / Transcoding

Hi there,

First:

I just had installed Serviio on my iMac (24" early 09) running Mavericks on Saturday. My Samsung BD player can see the server, can connect and start browsing files fine... for 5 or si minutes, and then I get a message on my TV: Device Disconnected, and I'm not longer able to see it until I restart the server from my iMac.

Then I found TVMOBILI, which is running based on Serviio: (tvmobili.serviio (edo-3.home).home.home) and it runs without a glitch. My Samsung BD player can see it, browse the files and play the movies.

What's is the problem with your piece that TVMobili has fixed? Updated for Mavericks? I really don't want to pay a premium price for just watch movies, like your pro version.

What can I do to make it work (Serviio)?

Second:

Some movies can't be played. I don't know if that's on the Player side or what's transmited via Serviio. Do I need specific files for movies (transcodings)? I can watch them on my iMac, but not on my TV.

DEVICE STATUS
samsung-client Transcoder terminated unexpectedly.

What I'm missing here?

Thank you,

Edo Fuenzalida
Los Angeles, California.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:04 am

Re: Serviio vs TVMOBILI / Transcoding

Tvmobili is not based on Seviio - it's a separate product built using other technologies.

For the questions, read the instructions in Support forum and post the appropriate details / logs for us to try to investigate.

Return to User experiences