FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Poor experience with MediaBrowser

<<

payas

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Poor experience with MediaBrowser

i recently got pro to use mediabrowser, as i liked the feature very much, but it has many flaws (with easy fixes, i imagine). i often like to watch videos on only a portion of my monitor (e.g., when at work). here are problems ive run into:

- player is centered, making it difficult to view videos outside of maximized browser or fullscreen mode (i.e., no in between)
- player size is relative to browser window at the time of clicking on the video, so even if you manage to get the player where you want and the size you want, you need to do it all over again when you start another video

both issues would be resolved if there were an option to maximize the player to 100% height and width of the browser window at any given time (i.e., not just when you launch the video), and this would reflect instantly when adjusting the browser window at any point in time.

on iphone, another problem:

- scrolling up/down/side to side to browse videos is very problematic as mediabrowser assumes im dragging videos (presumably to the playlist)

last gripe is i wish quality settings for mediabrowser only were easily customizable via the console.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Poor experience with MediaBrowser

Some of these will be addressed in 1.4, some probably in later releases
<<

payas

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Poor experience with MediaBrowser

good to hear. thank you!