M4v files stop playing part way through

<<

davidw1234

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:46 pm

M4v files stop playing part way through

Hi
OSX question

I convert files using Handbrake so that I can watch on iPad or Sony TV (KDL-42W829B). Playback is perfect on iPad but stops part way through on Serviio/Sony. Is this a problem with Handbrake, Serviio or Sony? Does Serviio support playback of M4V?
<<

tech

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:12 am

Re: M4v files stop playing part way through

davidw1234 wrote:Hi
OSX question

I convert files using Handbrake so that I can watch on iPad or Sony TV (KDL-42W829B). Playback is perfect on iPad but stops part way through on Serviio/Sony. Is this a problem with Handbrake, Serviio or Sony? Does Serviio support playback of M4V?

Serviio supports the playback of a huge variety of files, most likely including M4V, though since Sony might not, it has to transcode the file on-the-fly. The reason might be because of the fact that Sony does not natively support the file type and whilst the Ipad does.

Might be worth asking someone else.
<<

Torence

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:25 am

Re: M4v files stop playing part way through

To be honest, I have no knowledge about how to fix that issue. Since I'm used to convert iTunes M4V files to MP4 format at first, then it will be much convenient for me to play these videos on any devices without limitation. We know all iTunes movies/TV shows are encrypted with DRM protection, it can be played on Apple devices only. So we have to get rip of DRM protection before playing these videos on non-Apple devices. Tuneskit DRM Media Converter for Mac is my choice. It works at faster speed to convert videos with zero quality loss. After conversion, it is much convenient for you to play iTunes m4v files.

See more details on HERE.

Return to User experiences