FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems with image size - Sony KDL-60NX720

<<

doninla

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:29 am

Problems with image size - Sony KDL-60NX720

I've got a Sony KDL-60NX720 TV and an iMac running MacOS 10.7.5. i have a fast wired connection between the two. I am trying to view photos in my iPhoto library on my TV. i was using PS3 Media Server but it was very, very slow, often timing out. However, when it did work, it displayed my photos correctly - i.e. full-screen on the TV in high resolution. I have just installed the latest Serviio on my Mac. This works much faster, thumbnails display correctly, but when i try to view the actual photos, they are not scaled to fit my screen - the images are tiny, filling only about 10% of the screen, in the center of the display.

I've looked at the settings on the TV and Serviio, but can't figure out how to fix this. the TV does have a "full" setting, but this doesn't help very much.

any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Also, does Serviio have a plugin for iPhoto?

thanks
Don
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:51 am

Re: Problems with image size - Sony KDL-60NX720

What do we find in your iPhoto library? photo and thumbnails?
I suspect serviio to delivered thumbnails in spite of photos.
If you just install serviio, you should have free trial of MediaBrowser, could you check on it?
You can also enable detailed logging and check photo resolution.
What did you see on Sony Menu when you display Photo informations (option button on remote control) ?
<<

doninla

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Re: Problems with image size - Sony KDL-60NX720

Thanks - I had set up a soft link in my ~Documents/Pictures folder for serviio and I just confirmed it was indeed pointing to the thumbnails instead of the originals. I'll correct this and I expect that it will solve the problem.

Don

Return to User experiences