FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio is smart, but sometimes a bit too much...

<<

discosux

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:12 am

Serviio is smart, but sometimes a bit too much...

So I guess there's some routine to determine which file may belong to which entry of some (IMDB?) movie database. Very nice, but sometimes the results are a bit off. I watch/collect this Dutch series of food programs called De Wilde Keuken and the imagery that comes with some of its episodes ranges from clever to inconceivable to oops!
Anyway, is there a way to block this and just see some image generated from the video itself?
Attachments
5.PNG
Ooo la la! This one has actually become a lot milder after the last update. There was this image of a lady that you could kinda look into. If you know what I mean.
5.PNG (323.21 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
2.PNG
No clue what grass has to do with soft sex zombies...
2.PNG (334.05 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
4.PNG
I have no clue how these two are connected...
4.PNG (311.45 KiB) Viewed 4060 times
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 am

Re: Serviio is smart, but sometimes a bit too much...

The screen shots you have shown are coming from Kodi (XMBC) which can gather its own metadata and covers - I'll presume though that these are coming from Serviio and not Kodi direct (you may want to confirm - check in MediaBrowser or on your TV).

Yes you can disable covers/posters for metadata (on the Metadata, Video tab of Serviio console) or disable metadata totally for an individual shared folder (Library, Shared Folders untick the "M"). Before doing so however there are other avenues that you could try:

• On the Metadata tab, have you set the Metadata language to Nederlands? If not try this first (change it and press Save - you also may need to Rescan Metadata);
  • Make sure you understand how Serviio matches file names to themoviedb.com or thetvdb.com - have a read of http://www.serviio.org/component/conten ... extraction
  • Use Filebot to assist with file renaming and matching the metadata to the filename - see my post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10626&p=70544#p70544
  • From version 1.5.1, you can force the name to be identified correctly by adding the IMDB reference to the path name of the media file - see https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -tv-series. In this case you may actually have to update thetvdb.com to enter the IMDB reference against the series - doing so is encuraged as it helps other users.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to User experiences