FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

<<

BadBunny

User avatar

Streaming enthusiast

Posts: 26

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:02 am

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

Done, and no log files were created, I even waited longer to be sure.
I am stopping and starting the server via the Serviio console, I assume that is correct?
Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 64bit (Dual boot)
Serviio v1.5.2
Enjoys a pint of fine wine and as many french fries as I can stuff in my face.
<<

BadBunny

User avatar

Streaming enthusiast

Posts: 26

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:21 am

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

Log files just showed up, strangely showing from a few hours ago. I am trying to delete them again to try what you asked but keep getting access refused errors, even though I stopped Serviio via the console. I am still trying with this.
Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 64bit (Dual boot)
Serviio v1.5.2
Enjoys a pint of fine wine and as many french fries as I can stuff in my face.
<<

BadBunny

User avatar

Streaming enthusiast

Posts: 26

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:38 am

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

Sorry, still no log files created.
After a while I pressed Force Refresh in the servio console to see if it was still awake and it started creating log files.
Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 64bit (Dual boot)
Serviio v1.5.2
Enjoys a pint of fine wine and as many french fries as I can stuff in my face.
<<

Brett

Serviio newbie

Posts: 12

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:39 am

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:03 am

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

Brett wrote:
I will set the poller property to workaround this issue. But, having the delta-scanner detect in real-time is pretty awesome.

Brett



Hi,

I've set the poller w/o success and then added the frequency w/o success.

Do you see any issues w/ my vmoptions?

$ cat ServiioService.exe.vmoptions
-Xmx512m
-Dserviio.forceLibraryPoller=true
-Dserviio.libraryPollerFrequency=1


The attached log is for a clean restart (stop service, delete logs, start service).
At 22:51 I start recording "Two and a Half Men".
At 22:54 I stop the recording.
I wait a minute and check the media browser's "Last Added" page.
New video is not there.

Please help.
Do you have any other suggestions?
LMK what I can do to help debug these issues.

In it's current state, I must go to my PC and press the "Force Refresh" button whenever I want to watch something recorded since the last "Force Refresh". :^(

Thanks,
Brett
Attachments
serviio.log.refresh.with.poller.issue.gz
(87.32 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17145

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:09 am

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

BadBunny wrote:Done, and no log files were created, I even waited longer to be sure.
I am stopping and starting the server via the Serviio console, I assume that is correct?

no that only starts the DLNA portion of the server, you have to stop the serviio process (via Windows Service, if you're on Windows). http://serviio.org/component/content/article?id=21#q6
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17145

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:11 am

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

Brett wrote:Do you see any issues w/ my vmoptions?

$ cat ServiioService.exe.vmoptions
-Xmx512m
-Dserviio.forceLibraryPoller=true
-Dserviio.libraryPollerFrequency=1

It looks like you're not on Windows? This file is there only on Windows, see details here: http://serviio.org/component/content/article?id=21#q3

Also, recording into a shared folder might not work, 1.5.2 should help with that a bit
<<

Brett

Serviio newbie

Posts: 12

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:39 am

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

zip wrote:It looks like you're not on Windows? This file is there only on Windows, see details here: http://serviio.org/component/content/article?id=21#q3
Also, recording into a shared folder might not work, 1.5.2 should help with that a bit


So sorry... My vmoptions were copied from a cygwin shell. I am on Windows.

My DVR files are stored on an attached USB drive. Not sure if that qualifies as a shared drive. I'll test to see if Serviio behaves differently when watching an internal drive and report back.

Thanks,
Brett
<<

BadBunny

User avatar

Streaming enthusiast

Posts: 26

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

zip wrote:no that only starts the DLNA portion of the server, you have to stop the serviio process (via Windows Service, if you're on Windows). http://serviio.org/component/content/article?id=21#q6


I started up my PC today, downloaded a few files and out of the 15 only 4 were automatically detected. I pressed Force Refresh in the Serviio console and all of them were detected.

Anyway, I am actually using Linux so stopped the Serviio service as mentioned in the readme file. Logs were deleted etc and new logs are attached.
I added the file 'iZombie - 1x01 - Pilot.mp4' to the folder '/home/lee/Downloaded Movies'.

Thanks.

serviio.log.tar.gz
(143.34 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 64bit (Dual boot)
Serviio v1.5.2
Enjoys a pint of fine wine and as many french fries as I can stuff in my face.
<<

Brett

Serviio newbie

Posts: 12

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:39 am

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

Brett wrote:
zip wrote:It looks like you're not on Windows? This file is there only on Windows, see details here: http://serviio.org/component/content/article?id=21#q3
Also, recording into a shared folder might not work, 1.5.2 should help with that a bit


So sorry... My vmoptions were copied from a cygwin shell. I am on Windows.

My DVR files are stored on an attached USB drive. Not sure if that qualifies as a shared drive. I'll test to see if Serviio behaves differently when watching an internal drive and report back.

Thanks,
Brett


Retried moving my DVR output folder to an internal drive. Still not adding video to library. Looks like it polls the file a couple times. But, then doesn't add it.
Attaching logs.

Start DVR recording: 8:40
Stop DVR recording: 8:42

Search for "CBS This Morning".

At 8:41 and 8:42 there are logs which find the file.
I found if I make a copy of the file, then the file is added. (Sorry, did not include that test in these logs. I will if it will help.)

Thanks,
Brett
Attachments
serviio.log.refresh.issue.on.internal.drive.gz
(21.32 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17145

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:18 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

Brett wrote:
Retried moving my DVR output folder to an internal drive. Still not adding video to library. Looks like it polls the file a couple times. But, then doesn't add it.
Attaching logs.

Start DVR recording: 8:40
Stop DVR recording: 8:42

Search for "CBS This Morning".

At 8:41 and 8:42 there are logs which find the file.
I found if I make a copy of the file, then the file is added. (Sorry, did not include that test in these logs. I will if it will help.)

Thanks,
Brett

Can you give me a list of your folders you share in the Serviio console?
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17145

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

BadBunny wrote:
zip wrote:no that only starts the DLNA portion of the server, you have to stop the serviio process (via Windows Service, if you're on Windows). http://serviio.org/component/content/article?id=21#q6


I started up my PC today, downloaded a few files and out of the 15 only 4 were automatically detected. I pressed Force Refresh in the Serviio console and all of them were detected.

Anyway, I am actually using Linux so stopped the Serviio service as mentioned in the readme file. Logs were deleted etc and new logs are attached.
I added the file 'iZombie - 1x01 - Pilot.mp4' to the folder '/home/lee/Downloaded Movies'.

Thanks.

serviio.log.tar.gz

You have so many files the logs are full, so I don't see anything useful. Can you do the same without clicking on Force refresh? And also increase the log size in log4j.xml like this (edit this line):

  Code:
<param name="MaxFileSize" value="5000KB" />
<<

BadBunny

User avatar

Streaming enthusiast

Posts: 26

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

Done, new logs attached, though this time around it's a cleaner install of Serviio, I have been messing around with it so much that it all ended up as a big mess refusing to play nice, so after a bit of a fight to clear it all out of my system I got it clean and installed it freshly again, this time around with just a couple of my media folders to help keep the logs smaller and cleaner.

And of course now it detected the last test file I added to it.... (Serviio Test Banshee - 3x10 - We All Pay Eventually.mp4)

I'm going to add back in some other folders and see what happens.

serviio.log.tar.gz
(17.32 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 64bit (Dual boot)
Serviio v1.5.2
Enjoys a pint of fine wine and as many french fries as I can stuff in my face.
<<

Brett

Serviio newbie

Posts: 12

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:39 am

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:04 am

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

zip wrote:Can you give me a list of your folders you share in the Serviio console?


Normally: F:\dvr

and for the last set of logs: D:\dvr

I have several other directories that are currently disabled (for music and movies).

Thanks,
Brett
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17145

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

Brett wrote:
zip wrote:Can you give me a list of your folders you share in the Serviio console?


Normally: F:\dvr

and for the last set of logs: D:\dvr

I have several other directories that are currently disabled (for music and movies).

Thanks,
Brett

You also have

F:\dvr\BBC News
F:\dvr\PBS News Hour

Can you remove those as they will be searched automatically by adding F:\dvr
<<

BadBunny

User avatar

Streaming enthusiast

Posts: 26

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

I've been playing around with my Serviio and slowly added back my other watched folders one by one, and that was looking good, it went really fast now (with metadata disabled) and new media was automatically detected.

I rebooted, put some more test media in a folder and that was also detected ok.
This morning after starting up my PC more new media that was added was detected OK.

And then i added some more test media, files that had been detected OK before and now Serviio decided to ignore half of them.

Later on I added in some more test media, totally fresh files Serviio had never seen before and these were detected OK.

It all seems a little random.
Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 64bit (Dual boot)
Serviio v1.5.2
Enjoys a pint of fine wine and as many french fries as I can stuff in my face.
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17145

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

BadBunny wrote:I've been playing around with my Serviio and slowly added back my other watched folders one by one, and that was looking good, it went really fast now (with metadata disabled) and new media was automatically detected.

I rebooted, put some more test media in a folder and that was also detected ok.
This morning after starting up my PC more new media that was added was detected OK.

And then i added some more test media, files that had been detected OK before and now Serviio decided to ignore half of them.

Later on I added in some more test media, totally fresh files Serviio had never seen before and these were detected OK.

It all seems a little random.

So this is still all with forced POLLER, right?

Can you give an example of file path that was not detected as added? And confirm that the access rights of the folder and the file are exactly the same as a folder + file which was detected?

just use

  Code:
ls -al
<<

BadBunny

User avatar

Streaming enthusiast

Posts: 26

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

So this is still all with forced POLLER, right?

Can you give an example of file path that was not detected as added? And confirm that the access rights of the folder and the file are exactly the same as a folder + file which was detected?

just use

  Code:
ls -al



Yes, this is with forced POLLER.

The file folders are all detected OK, it's just sometimes some files are detected, sometimes not, and I have been testing at times with the same file, one that was previously detected OK.

This is the current path I am testing with:
/home/lee/Video 2/04 - Tonight/01 - First

This is one of my test files that sometimes is not detected:
Serviio Test Banshee - 3x10 - We All Pay Eventually.mp4


This is the list of file/folder access rights for this path:

main folder:
drwx------ 1 lee lee 65536 Mar 19 20:58 01 - First

inside this folder:
BadBunnix 01 - First # ls -al
total 8247744
drwx------ 1 lee lee 65536 Mar 19 20:58 .
drwx------ 1 lee lee 65536 Mar 19 11:47 ..
-rw------- 1 lee lee 264800287 Mar 12 10:44 Criminal Minds - 10x17.mp4
-rw------- 1 lee lee 249858751 Mar 13 11:26 Grey's Anatomy - 11x15.mp4
drwx------ 1 lee lee 0 Mar 6 13:33 Maybe
-rw------- 1 lee lee 1581306706 Feb 25 16:01 Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (2014).avi
-rw------- 1 lee lee 279247387 Mar 11 09:31 Rizzoli & Isles - 5x16.mp4
-rw------- 1 lee lee 271342953 Mar 18 12:54 Rizzoli & Isles - 5x17 - Bite Out Of Crime.mp4
-rw------- 1 lee lee 246619181 Mar 18 12:55 Rizzoli & Isles - 5x18 - Family Matters.mp4
-rw------- 1 lee lee 187096595 Mar 11 09:30 Schitt's Creek - 1x10.mp4
-rw------- 1 lee lee 172571284 Mar 18 12:51 Schitt's Creek - 1x11 - Little Sister.mp4
-rw------- 1 lee lee 447343482 Mar 14 10:41 Serviio Test Banshee - 3x10 - We All Pay Eventually.mp4
-rw------- 1 lee lee 255418695 Mar 19 10:56 Supernatural - 10x15 - The Things They Carried.mp4
Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 64bit (Dual boot)
Serviio v1.5.2
Enjoys a pint of fine wine and as many french fries as I can stuff in my face.
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17145

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

BadBunny wrote:This is the list of file/folder access rights for this path:

main folder:
drwx------ 1 lee lee 65536 Mar 19 20:58 01 - First


you are starting Serviio as 'root', I assume that user has access to these folders (they are owned by 'lee' and only the user has any kind of rights)
<<

BadBunny

User avatar

Streaming enthusiast

Posts: 26

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

zip wrote:
BadBunny wrote:This is the list of file/folder access rights for this path:

main folder:
drwx------ 1 lee lee 65536 Mar 19 20:58 01 - First


you are starting Serviio as 'root', I assume that user has access to these folders (they are owned by 'lee' and only the user has any kind of rights)


I am logged in as lee and can access all these folders with no problem, i move files in and out of them and play them all the time.
Windows 7 64bit / Linux Mint 17.1 KDE 64bit (Dual boot)
Serviio v1.5.2
Enjoys a pint of fine wine and as many french fries as I can stuff in my face.
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17145

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: new files not refreshed - due to DVR lock?

BadBunny wrote:I am logged in as lee and can access all these folders with no problem, i move files in and out of them and play them all the time.

Looking at your log from viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18500&start=20#p99353 you are staring Serviio as 'root'

  Code:
2015-03-18 22:41:29,247 INFO  [MediaServer] Java 1.8.0_40-Oracle Corporation amd64
2015-03-18 22:41:29,247 INFO  [MediaServer] OS Linux 3.13.0-46-generic
2015-03-18 22:41:29,248 INFO  [MediaServer] File encoding: UTF-8
2015-03-18 22:41:29,248 INFO  [MediaServer] Headless mode enabled: true
2015-03-18 22:41:29,248 INFO  [MediaServer] User: root
2015-03-18 22:41:29,248 INFO  [MediaServer] User home dir: /root
2015-03-18 22:41:29,248 INFO  [MediaServer] Temp dir: /tmp
PreviousNext

Return to User experiences

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.