FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

upgraded and now I can't see it on my blue ray player

<<

howardize

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:44 am

upgraded and now I can't see it on my blue ray player

always worked till I upgraded? Now it has no icon and it doesn't show up on my blue ray player. I start the service but still no see? Howard
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:42 pm

Re: upgraded and now I can't see it on my blue ray player

If you are referring to the System Tray icon, that no longer exists as of version 1.6. The icon only appeared when the console was running, and had nothing to do with the service (although you could right-click the icon and stop the service). The console is now a web page, not a stand-alone application.

As to why it isn't seen in your BD player: start the console (http://localhost:23423/console on the Serviio computer) and check the status page to see what IP address Serviio is using, and make sure that's the IP address of the computer. If you have it set to Auto, it should have the correct IP address after a reboot. If it still doesn't appear, then there's either a firewall issue, or something on your network (router perhaps) is blocking the uPnP broadcasts.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Jean-Max

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:58 am

Re: upgraded and now I can't see it on my blue ray player

atc98092 wrote:If you are referring to the System Tray icon, that no longer exists as of version 1.6. The icon only appeared when the console was running, and had nothing to do with the service (although you could right-click the icon and stop the service). The console is now a web page, not a stand-alone application.

OK, I understand why the "Console tray icon" doesn't exist anymore

... but it would be VERY useful to have "Service tray icon" present when Service is in memory !

(On my W7 64 PC, ServiioService.exe uses about 190 000 K Memory, in "Process Explorer" freeware utility)

Thanks to Serviio developers :)
Jean-Max
Sherwood A+P-965 | Inwall JM-LAB | TV Samsung UE48HU7500 | Proj Sony sxrd W40 | Media Player Zbox AD10 | Dvb-T Panasonic DMR-BWT700 | Dvb-T HDHomerun Connect 2 | Nas Thecus N7700Pro | PC Windows 10 + Serviio Pro 1.9.1

Return to User experiences