FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio MediaBrowser Audio on Amazon Silk browser

<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Serviio MediaBrowser Audio on Amazon Silk browser

Having got Serviio MediaBrowser to work on my Amazon Kindle HDX using the in-built Silk browser I thought I would share my experiences.
The Kindle HDX and similar models is a Amazon modified Android device.
The first thing is it works although there are some quirks.

Like on a PC the cover art is not sized to fit the playing window - this looks OK on Chris Rea's "Dancing With Strangers" but Chris becomes headless on his album "Chris Rea".
Will raise a request to fix this as it is a general issue - see BitBucket ticket Issue #1052.

Playing audio:-
Songs and albums play OK and sound OK too - on headphones they would be even better.
I was playing flac CD quality (largish files) and also some 24 bit hi-res and all OK (not sure if it was being "transcoded"?).
It took music a short while to start and I thought it was not going to work but it played flawlessly from that point on.
It transitioned from track to track through the album.

Now the quirk - if you selected a different track in the playlist whilst it is playing it does not start automatically and then I realised that despite changing the track name it was re-playing the previously heard track !

Playing Online Sources:-
Playing Internet radio stations it played them well.
However although it appeared to start the station and the clock was running there was no sound - however pausing and re-starting the sound was then immediate. Some sort of timing issue?
Some (a few) did start and play the station properly without stop/start.
There were no issues once they had started.

Some of the text (as on the PC) is very large and consumes the smaller screen.

Overall very successful.
Last edited by Paul C on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Serviio MediaBrowser Audio on Amazon Silk browser

As requested I enclose example MediaBrowser cover-art
Attachments
mediabrowser-artwork-1.jpg
example
mediabrowser-artwork-1.jpg (34.78 KiB) Viewed 3745 times
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.

Return to User experiences