FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

V2.0 not populating for Media Browser

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:14 am

Re: V2.0 not populating for Media Browser

the duration is read from the media files themselves, not form the xml file.

Do you have video stacking enabled in the console?
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:10 am

atc98092 wrote:However, I believe your issue is that you haven't configured your user accounts. MediaBrowser by default now does not display any media unless that user account has explicitly been granted permission for the media share. In the console, edit each shared folder and enable access to the user account you are using for accessing MediaBrowser.

There's also a system setting that enables anonymous access for MediaBrowser: serviio.cdsAnonymousAccess. See this page for instructions if you want to enable that: https://www.serviio.org/index.php?optio ... icle&id=43

Is that -Dserviio.cdsAnonymousAccess=true (i.e. -D and true without quotes?
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:32 pm

Paul C wrote:
atc98092 wrote:However, I believe your issue is that you haven't configured your user accounts. MediaBrowser by default now does not display any media unless that user account has explicitly been granted permission for the media share. In the console, edit each shared folder and enable access to the user account you are using for accessing MediaBrowser.

There's also a system setting that enables anonymous access for MediaBrowser: serviio.cdsAnonymousAccess. See this page for instructions if you want to enable that: https://www.serviio.org/index.php?optio ... icle&id=43

Is that -Dserviio.cdsAnonymousAccess=true (i.e. -D and true without quotes?

Yes, that should do it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:29 am

atc98092 wrote:Is that -Dserviio.cdsAnonymousAccess=true (i.e. -D and true without quotes?
Yes, that should do it.

Thanks again Dan
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

blundberg

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:03 am

zip wrote:the duration is read from the media files themselves, not form the xml file.

I have stacking turned on. Some movies show lengths of over 50 hours when they are less than 2. I've checked a few and they play for the length of time in the XML file and not what is read from the media files themselves as you stated the length is read from.

Is there a way to edit the VOB file so it will show the correct length?
WHS 2011 with 36 Tb storage with file duplication using Stablebit Drivepool. 3,000+ movies.
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Paul C wrote:
atc98092 wrote:Is that -Dserviio.cdsAnonymousAccess=true (i.e. -D and true without quotes?
Yes, that should do it.

Thanks again Dan

There needs to be a feature request to ensure this option carries over on a future change of release.
A user-based "ServiioService.exe.vmoptions" or alternative means of configuration.
Including other configuration options e.g.
-Xmx512m
-Dserviio.hdThumbnailResolution=600
-Dserviio.socketBuffer=131072
-Dserviio.cdsAnonymousAccess=true

See feature request viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25651
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:41 pm

atc98092 wrote:There's also a system setting that enables anonymous access for MediaBrowser

Although the anonymous setting is working fine, I found I had a browser bookmark which contained the original login request - it then displayed the login which messed things up.
Creating an updated bookmark sorted it (but maybe a tweak is required to prevent the login if the system setting is set).
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:20 am

blundberg wrote:
zip wrote:the duration is read from the media files themselves, not form the xml file.

I have stacking turned on. Some movies show lengths of over 50 hours when they are less than 2.

Is this on a TV or in MediaBrowser? Some TVs ignore the duration serviio sends them and instead try to work it out from the file size (which is set to some large number for transcoded files)
<<

blundberg

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:09 am

Media Browser on a PC. Local TV's just go straight to the shares. This is for viewing when I am traveling.

I have over 3000 movies in video_ts format and really thought this was going to be my answer for a Windows Home Server replacement for remote viewing. I am unwilling to spend the considerable time to re-encode these in another format. This is starting to look like it is insurmountable.
WHS 2011 with 36 Tb storage with file duplication using Stablebit Drivepool. 3,000+ movies.
<<

blundberg

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:58 pm

I have moved on. There are too many limitations. If it would read and use the Movies.xml files, it might be another story.

I bought 4 - 5Tb Seagate portable hard drives and will just carry the drives with me.
<<

bhumikaa

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:32 am

blundberg wrote:I had the older version pro installed and upgraded today. I like the multiple logins.

I downloaded the installer and installed it. I then purchased a new key and added it so I would have the pro edition again. Status shows that it is the pro edition. The welcome page shows that there are a ton of files in all the categories. Logs show as media being found and added to library. When I open media browser and login now, I get all the top folders, titles, movies, series, etc. for any of audio, image and movie folders. When I open say title, nothing ever populates. The log file shows a lot added to library though. Ome tv Bazoocam

I have attached the log file. Help please.

Hello,
My issue has been solved.
THanks.
Love from norway. :)
<<

rockshiva

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:46 am

blundberg wrote:

I have stacking turned on. Some movies bazoocam show lengths of over 50 hours when they are less than 2. I've checked a few and they play for the length of time in the XML file and not what is omegle read from the media files themselves as you stated the length is read from.

Is there a way to edit the VOB file so it will show the correct length?

thank you! issues have been solved easily.
Previous

Return to User experiences