FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DERBY Database Structure

<<

MarkRoy

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:01 am

DERBY Database Structure

What is the structure of the Derby Database underlying Serviio?

I currently have over 4000 movies and nearly 13000 audio tracks on my server. The search feature failed long LONG ago and the upgrade to 2.0 didn't fix the problem.

Can I make any adjustments to any system variables that will accommodate my DB? Say java.lang.Long.MAX_VALUE??? Something in Service.Properties?? Derby.Properties??

Clearly I'm pulling at straws.. just looking for what will get my implementation to work better and more completely.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Re: DERBY Database Structure

hi, do you have some examples of errors? it shouldn't be a problem to hit these numbers
<<

MarkRoy

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:08 pm

Here's what the Log shows below. How do I reindex the DB?

2020-01-03 17:04:08,573 WARN [CDSSearchServerResource] Search for term 'Austin Powers' failed with exception: Cannot initialize searcher, the index is possibly corrupted.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot initialize searcher, the index is possibly corrupted.
at org.serviio.library.search.SearchManager.searcher(SearchManager.java:105)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.rest.resources.server.CDSSearchServerResource.search(CDSSearchServerResource.java:72)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.restlet.resource.ServerResource.doHandle(ServerResource.java:524)
at org.restlet.resource.ServerResource.get(ServerResource.java:743)
at org.restlet.resource.ServerResource.doHandle(ServerResource.java:618)
at org.restlet.resource.ServerResource.doNegotiatedHandle(ServerResource.java:679)
at org.restlet.resource.ServerResource.doConditionalHandle(ServerResource.java:357)
at org.serviio.restlet.AbstractServerResource.doConditionalHandle(AbstractServerResource.java:49)
at org.serviio.restlet.AbstractProEditionServerResource.doConditionalHandle(AbstractProEditionServerResource.java:35)
at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.rest.resources.server.AbstractCDSServerResource.doConditionalHandle(AbstractCDSServerResource.java:59)
at org.restlet.resource.ServerResource.handle(ServerResource.java:1014)
at org.restlet.resource.Finder.handle(Finder.java:246)
at org.restlet.routing.Filter.doHandle(Filter.java:159)
at org.restlet.routing.Filter.handle(Filter.java:206)
at org.restlet.routing.Router.doHandle(Router.java:431)
at org.restlet.routing.Router.handle(Router.java:648)
at org.restlet.engine.application.StatusFilter.doHandle(StatusFilter.java:155)
at org.restlet.engine.CompositeHelper.handle(CompositeHelper.java:211)
at org.restlet.engine.application.ApplicationHelper.handle(ApplicationHelper.java:84)
at org.restlet.Application.handle(Application.java:384)
at org.restlet.engine.application.StatusFilter.doHandle(StatusFilter.java:155)
at org.restlet.engine.CompositeHelper.handle(CompositeHelper.java:211)
at org.restlet.Component.handle(Component.java:406)
at org.restlet.Server.handle(Server.java:516)
at org.restlet.engine.connector.ServerHelper.handle(ServerHelper.java:72)
at org.restlet.engine.adapter.HttpServerHelper.handle(HttpServerHelper.java:152)
at org.restlet.ext.simple.internal.SimpleContainer.handle(SimpleContainer.java:80)
at org.simpleframework.http.core.Dispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:121)
at org.simpleframework.http.core.Dispatcher.run(Dispatcher.java:103)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Serviio\library\search\_2ut_Lucene41_0.tip (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(RandomAccessFile.java:316)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:243)
at org.apache.lucene.store.SimpleFSDirectory.openInput(SimpleFSDirectory.java:58)
at org.apache.lucene.codecs.blocktree.BlockTreeTermsReader.<init>(BlockTreeTermsReader.java:115)
at org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene41.Lucene41PostingsFormat.fieldsProducer(Lucene41PostingsFormat.java:441)
at org.apache.lucene.codecs.perfield.PerFieldPostingsFormat$FieldsReader.<init>(PerFieldPostingsFormat.java:197)
at org.apache.lucene.codecs.perfield.PerFieldPostingsFormat.fieldsProducer(PerFieldPostingsFormat.java:254)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentCoreReaders.<init>(SegmentCoreReaders.java:120)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:108)
at org.apache.lucene.index.ReadersAndUpdates.getReader(ReadersAndUpdates.java:145)
at org.apache.lucene.index.BufferedUpdatesStream.applyDeletesAndUpdates(BufferedUpdatesStream.java:282)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.applyAllDeletesAndUpdates(IndexWriter.java:3312)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.maybeApplyDeletes(IndexWriter.java:3303)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.getReader(IndexWriter.java:420)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:112)
at org.serviio.library.search.Searcher.<init>(Searcher.java:60)
at org.serviio.library.search.SearchManager.searcher(SearchManager.java:103)
... 55 more
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:51 pm

This looks like the search index got corrupted and a file is missing / cannot be read. Not sure how to recover apart from a clean install.
<<

SusanWolford

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:53 pm

How do you create a foreign key in Derby database?

help please!

click test
clicking speed test
<<

icottrell

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:54 pm

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this, but I'm also having problems with _gr8_Lucene41_0.tip.

The error message is:

2021-07-16 14:40:07,137 WARN [SearchIndexCommitter] Could not commit search index: C:\Program Files\Serviio\library\search\_gr8_Lucene41_0.tip (The system cannot find the file specified)

This is repeated many times in the log file. I've done a fresh install and the system found several files that I had deleted but had not been removed from the library. Then the error messages began again.

When I look in the Serviio\library\search directory, I have 3 _gr8_Lucene41_0 files with extensions of .doc, .pos and .tim, but no .tip.

I know nothing about the database structure, but is this a file that just can be replaced or is it generated by the system?

Otherwise, all is running well (I'm extremely pleased with this software!!) other than the deleted files that are not being removed from the library.

I have had some drive issues recently, but not with the drive on which Serviio is installed. The system normally runs 24x7 and is rarely re-booted.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. TIA........................Ian
<<

icottrell

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:25 am

Come on, guys! Nobody know anything about this? It's filling my log with this message (2 per minute, 24 hrs a day).

What is this file (lucene41_0.tip)? Can I just replace it from somewhere else? If so, where do I get it? Or, is this a file generated by the system? If so, how do I regenerate it?

Come on, somebody throw me a bone here!

Tia for anything that you can tell me!........................Ian
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:29 pm

I just searched my Serviio installation folder, and I found one file with .tip: _4v_Lucene41_0.tip. It's in the same folder that your error message states (Serviio\Library\Search). I looked inside the file, but it's a binary file so nothing viewable with a text editor. I just had a hard drive failure, so my Windows and Serviio install are completely fresh a few days ago. Based on the file date/time stamp, everything in that folder (except for a write.lock file) was written/updated yesterday at 7:12AM.

I just looked at my test Serviio install, and the same folder has similar files, although they all start with _7 instead of _4 on my main Serviio PC. So those files are created dynamically by Serviio. Unfortunately, the Serviio developer is likely the only person that can understand what's going on here. I just tried making a search in MediaBrowser, to see if the files changed their Date Modified, but nothing happened. So I have no idea what these search files do.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

icottrell

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:01 pm

Thanks for the reply, Dan. It's nice to know that someone is listening.

My \Servio\Library\search directory contains 3 gr8_Lucene41_0 files; .doc, .pos and .tim but no .tip. I've also looked in the Serviio settup file and there are no Lucene41 files in there, so I'm now assuming that it's a generated file (presumably by the DERBY database).

When this error first started (or when I first noticed it, because it doesn't seem to affect the operation of the server) I did a fresh install. But, nothing changed.

I've recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and now the automatic library update is not happening. Every time I add a file, I have to force an update. I don't know if the two problems are related.

So, what are the chances that the developer will reply to this message? It's not really affecting the day-to-day operation of the DLNA server, but it's a pain having plow through thousands of error message every time I look in the log.

Anyway, thanks again. I think I'll start searching for info on the DERBY database; maybe I can find a clue there........................Ian
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:19 pm

As to the new files not appearing, there seems to be no set pattern for Windows to handle it automatically/correctly. When I find it not refreshing itself, I change that library location to poller mode and that solves the problem. It's Windows, not Serviio, that is the issue. But poller mode takes care of it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

icottrell

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:52 am

Thanks, again, Dan. I tried switching all my library entries to poller mode and they now appear to be working. Saves me having to manually force scan every time!.................................Ian

Return to User experiences