FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't connect to serviio server

<<

operamaxi59

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:38 am

Can't connect to serviio server

So I have a little computer (pop-os) that is running a serviio server.

But I can't browse the file and connect to the server using dolphin in my principal pc. (But I can browse files using vlc on my phone for some reason)

Help
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:11 pm

Re: Can't connect to serviio server

I tried to figure out what POP OS is, but their web site gives almost no information. I'm assuming it's some sort of Linux distro. Same with Dolphin, not much info. And no idea what OS is on your principal computer.

Since you can see the server and the files from VLC on your phone, that indicates that Serviio is running and properly configured. Therefore, the problem lies as a connectivity issue between your primary computer and the Serviio computer. I'd need more detailed information about your network configuration, wired or wireless on any/all devices, the OS of the primary computer, and probably more once we have some basics established.

I'm assuming this is a new Serviio install, so you are still within the 15 day demo period for Serviio Pro. In that case, I'm curious if you can connect to MediaBrowser from your primary computer, and/or access the Serviio console from that computer. If none of that works, then something on your network is restricting access to the Serviio computer.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to User experiences