FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Serviio user has a major question ...

<<

rickharso59

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:29 pm

New Serviio user has a major question ...

Hy everybody
First of all, I use Serviio in the moment only for audio streaming.
I have running a Serviio server on my QNAP NAS (approx 20000 tracks) and a second Serviio server on my miniPC with Windows 10 (approx 10000 tracks).
Now I see on my UPnP player both Server and I have to choose, whitch content I want to play. The tracks from the QNAP NAS or those from the miniPC. Is there a possibility to connect the Library for example on the miniPC with the Serviio Library on the QNAP NAS? So, that I can connect to one server, but I can play all tracks from both server?

Please help.

Thank you
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:52 pm

Re: New Serviio user has a major question ...

Yes, Serviio can connect to a shared network location to access media. The media doesn't need to be hard connected to the Serviio server. It becomes tricky at times to connect over the network, usually because of permissions. The Windows 10 computer is running Serviio under the Local Service account, which has almost no network access permissions. The simplest way to resolve that is to change the user account that Serviio uses to one that has permission to connect to the network location.

You aren't actually connecting the two libraries. You are simply adding the shared network location to one of the Serviio servers. That location is then part of the overall library on that Serviio server.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to User experiences