FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio is a joke

<<

jasonlong75

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:47 pm

Serviio is a joke

Serviio is an absolute joke. It has the same faults and bugs it's had for YEARS. No attempt to address or correct them. Every time there's a software update, it stops recognizing any devices that had been connected. This requires a complete uninstall, reinstall, and adding everything to the library. This takes hours. If, after all that, you get your devices recognized by Serviio, you should go out and buy a lottery ticket, because you're the luckiest SOB who has ever walked the Earth. Serviio has become an unreliable POS because of its refusal to address these bugs.

Oh, and when I tried to post an unfavorable post (this is the second attempt to post this exact comment), the forum simply makes it vanish. Don't post unfavorable comments about this worthless POS.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:08 pm

Re: Serviio is a joke

I can't speak for the other moderators, but I've never deleted a post that complains about Serviio. I try my best to assist them with their issue. But you've provided nothing but a rant, so I don't have a clue what your issue is. I've been using Serviio for close to 10 years, and while there have been bugs over the years I've never encountered any that make it unusable, or a "joke".

So, please offer some information about the issues you're having. If all you want to do is rant, then yes I'll delete this thread. But an honest request for help does not get ignored.

Oh, and I just found your only other post. I answered you, but you never responded. That was eight months ago. How can Serviio been giving you problems for "years", when you only joined the forum when you posted your issue last May 2?

EDIT: OK, you did provide some input there. Sorry, I read it too quickly. But I've never encountered the issue you mention. I've never encountered a problem with Serviio being visible on any device on my network. I maintain two Serviio installations on my home network, one at my daughter's home and one at my sister-in-law's. In all three locations the Serviio computer is hard-wired to the network. The devices that are used to play from Serviio are both wired and wireless. My daughter has on occasion seen Serviio disappear from her TV list, but that was a TV issue, not Serviio. For their Fire TV and Roku players, it's always there. My sister-in-law uses a Roku wirelessly and it works flawlessly as well.

Please go back to your original post from last May and provide some answers to the questions I posted there.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:21 pm

Re: Serviio is a joke

Great thread OP, necessary... Do go on.

Return to User experiences