FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Compatible devices list

What is the DLNA device you use Serviio with?

Samsung TV
29%
Sony TV
12%
Panasonic TV
8%
Other TV
5%
WDTV Live
6%
LG BD-xxx
3%
XBox 360
6%
Playstation 3
10%
Other (specify in the forum please)
20%

Total votes : 807
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:06 pm

Compatible devices list

Hey guys,

it'd be cool if we could compile a list of devices that can connect to Serviio and work properly with it. Just reply to this topic with your observations.
<<

zip

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Compatible devices list

I'll start with my Samsung B650 TV and XBox 360.
<<

teknix

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:25 am

I have it running with my WDTV Live.
My Denon AVR 4310 does not list it in Media Servers.

FYI - I had a problem with my WDTV seeing Serviio at first, but it was because I was running PS3 Media Server at the same time. After I ran it by itself, it worked fine.
<<

garethflowers

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:57 pm

The PS3 definately works!
<<

RayJ

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:52 am

Samsung B750 - no issues
<<

BenM

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Panasonic 42G15B woks just fine - I assume that the V10 series will work as well.

Mind you the TV only supports Pictures, MPEG2 files, and DivX. I will check to see if the BD player finds it as well when I can get at the toys :)

B.
<<

dstormyd

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:24 pm

serviio is used by B650 ;-)
<<

jstaguynj

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Samsung LN55B650... kind of works... I'm using it to stream DVD VOBs, which works with some, but not others. I'm guessing it's the lack of transcoding, as I'm getting different results:

Gran Torino DVD (screener copy rip)... got 12 minutes into 1 VOB and then errored out saying the Video Data was invalid... the next VOB errored out after 32 seconds...
Reel Big Fish Concert DVD (No major studio release, AFAIK)... played perfectly for 20 minutes... I stopped it myself...
Swimming with Sharks DVD (Lion's Gate Films)... Title screen VOB loaded without issue... movie VOB and behind the scenes VOB would load the VOB's initial image, and then immediately die with an Invalid Audio Codec error...

I will try some more to get some better results...

Thanks again... this is great work... if there's anything I can do to help (I do Windows and .NET app development) or donate, let me know...
<<

duduu

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi,

Works fine with the LED ue32b7020 Samsumg model.
The only drawback it has is that some videos do not expand the image covering the whole of the screen and displays the movie in the center leaving the edges black.

Greetings.
<<

DaBuzzzzz

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:44 am

Works "good" on Samsung PS50B850 CI+ however with lacking video format support and with non viewable AR settings, both due to firmware not Serviio
<<

in2insight

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:22 am

After trying the Samsung software using VMware (No go) and Eyeconnect (No go) and reading way too many posts, I found this software, and it's a GO. Thanks!

TV is LN55B650, connected to an Airport Express, which is wirelessly connecting to an Airport Extreme.

The issue is the machine ip address.
Once I entered the Mac ip address under "Bound ip" all is working well.

Cheers,
D.
<<

jvcs23

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:52 pm

I am using serviio 0.31 on Mac OSX 10.6 with an LG Blu-ray soundbar, LG HLB54S.

everything works fine, except for mp3 playback. This is maybe an encoding problem from Itunes, however other osx compatible dlna servers I have tested worked fine with the same music files. I tried eyeconnect, playback and medialink but finally I prefer Serviio which has been sofar the most reliable solution.

regards,

Jacques
<<

robf

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:08 am

My Denon AVR 3310 recongnizes the Serviio server and lists it under the media servers list. Unfortunately, it is marked as "> Serviio (MacPro.local) (Not Authorized)" and is unusable. I've tried all the supplied Serviio Renderer profiles but none has worked. Interestingly enough, MediaLink *does* work perfectly.
<<

zip

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:29 pm

robf wrote:My Denon AVR 3310 recongnizes the Serviio server and lists it under the media servers list. Unfortunately, it is marked as "> Serviio (MacPro.local) (Not Authorized)" and is unusable. I've tried all the supplied Serviio Renderer profiles but none has worked. Interestingly enough, MediaLink *does* work perfectly.

Do you have port 8895 available in your firewall? I presume you do since you can see the server. Not sure what could be causing this since DLNA doesn't specify anything about authorization.
<<

karan.punjab

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:21 pm

teknix wrote:I have it running with my WDTV Live.
My Denon AVR 4310 does not list it in Media Servers.

FYI - I had a problem with my WDTV seeing Serviio at first, but it was because I was running PS3 Media Server at the same time. After I ran it by itself, it worked fine.

Hi guys,

I tried my WDTV live with serviio ( I am a new user) yesterday but it doesnt play mkv files for some reason. Any idea why. Wdtv supports dts and mkv files, so thts defnately not an issue but wdtv error message said something about the format though, which meant its not supported. Help would be appreciated. I have tried multiple(around 30) files only 2 of them worked. i am talking about 720p to 1080p mkv files with ac3 or dts audio.
<<

zip

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:53 pm

So some mkv worked? That would mean the mime-type is correct. If n omkv files worked, try switching to other renderer profile (in the console) to see if it works.
<<

karan.punjab

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:56 pm

zip wrote:So some mkv worked? That would mean the mime-type is correct. If n omkv files worked, try switching to other renderer profile (in the console) to see if it works.

Aite, so i tried again with a differnt profile, it lists the movies perfectly but movies dont work. That 1 mkv still works but others dont, i tried a mkv on serviio and then put the same on windows server, it works from the wmp library but not on serviio. Waiting for your reply
<<

zip

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:33 am

Not sure how is your IT, but you could install Wireshark and try to catch packets sent from WMP when requesting this file. It should show what mime-type is being used.

BTW, how can WMP stream this, is it the new feature of W7? Does it transcode the file on the fly or play in native format? Does WMP even support MKV or did you install some codecs?
<<

karan.punjab

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:04 pm

zip wrote:Not sure how is your IT, but you could install Wireshark and try to catch packets sent from WMP when requesting this file. It should show what mime-type is being used.

BTW, how can WMP stream this, is it the new feature of W7? Does it transcode the file on the fly or play in native format? Does WMP even support MKV or did you install some codecs?

Well i did install a codec pack (k-lite). I basically added the file in WMP library and once it was there it comes into my media server (windows network sharing) and it doesnt transcode because wdtv can play mkv files by itself including dts audio.

And regarding your first question, right now i have no idea what you told me to do but i will still do it by this evening and let you know the results. :)

Thnx
<<

ajay1010

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:17 pm

Somehow iti s not working with my samsung LE40B650, I don't know what might be the reason..any help would be appreciated.
Next

Return to User experiences