Post Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:51 pm

Re: there are some issues with Philips OLED TV

When you refer to version 1.9.1, are you referring to the Serviio version? If so, you do realize that version is more than five years old and many changes have been made since then?

I can't speak specifically to a Philips TV, as I have none to test with. I do know that in general TV manufacturers have gotten worse with their DLNA support, and this might simply be one more brand that isn't making the effort any longer. I stopped using the internal TV players many years ago, instead using external players such as Roku devices or the Nvidia Shield. If your media contains any lossless audio tracks (Dolby TrueHD or DTS Master Audio), a player like the Shield is the only way to bitstream that audio to an AVR.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents