FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MP4 Video in Panasonic TX-P42G20B

<<

warrier

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:32 am

MP4 Video in Panasonic TX-P42G20B

HI All,

With Serviio server will I be able to see mp4 movies in Panasonic TX-P42G20B or Via SA-BTT350 Blue Ray player. Both are DLNA supported and I belive it is not supporting MP4 format. I am bit new to this Media Servers and Transcoding. Can any one help me to know is it posible to view and if yes what changes I need to make in config.

I took the profile as Panasonic Viera and when mp4 was not working I changed the config (profiles.xml) as below shown in another posting.

<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
<Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="dca" />
</Video>
<Video targetContainer="mpegts">
<Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" />
<Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" />
<Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" />
</Video>
Thanks

Regards

Sunil
<<

warrier

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Re: MP4 Video in Panasonic TX-P42G20B

Hi Guys,

I am not sure how it happened. I have not made any changes.

Today I restarted my PC and it was more than 12 Hr after adding the folders. I am not sure which made it to work but the MP4 is working fine in my TV. A little issues with forward, rewind and quality etc.. that is all expected and fine for me. The quality may be due to the quality available for the movie.

Many thanks for the software.. Looks like all fine.

Kind Regards

Sunil Warrier
<<

pureuya

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:23 am

What kind of movie files does a mp4 player play? I recently bought an mp4 player and thought I could watch video clips or movies on it. The only video clip it shows, is the one that came with the player. I've downloaded 3 different kinds of movie file converters and none work so far.
Last edited by pureuya on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:41 am

pureuya wrote:What kind of movie files does a mp4 player play? I recently bought an mp4 player and thought I could watch video clips or movies on it. The only video clip it shows, is the one that came with the player. I've downloaded 3 different kinds of movie file converters and none work so far.

please dont hijack other peopole threads and the answer to your question is depends on the player no two play exactly the same files.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Transcoding