wrong duration of audio files after transcoding

<<

kikop

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:21 pm

wrong duration of audio files after transcoding

Hi,

I use Serviio 0.5.1 on XP to serve my Samsung BP-C5500

It is great that you added flac support through transcoding.

But I noticed this strange thing - all audio files that are beeing transcoded are displayed on my player with same duration of 1h:25min:2sec
These files play normally until the end of their real duration and after that there is a parasite sound, repeating per second.
I tried ffmpeg -i upon one of these files and it reports its real duration of 18min and not the above mentioned duration.
I guess something goes wrong at transcoding process.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:17 am

Re: wrong duration of audio files after transcoding

No, it's the TV ignoring the duration it gets passed and instead looking at the stream. It's fixed in 0.5.2 though.
<<

kikop

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Happy to hear that :)
<<

kikop

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:59 pm

Installed 0.5.2 and still my player returns this duration of all trascoded audio files.

Other thing I noticed is that not only my flac files but wma files were transcoded.
As the player supports wma format I tried commenting the asf line in Audio transcoding profile section and now these wma files are not forced to be transcoded.
Could it be that this line is not needed in Samsung C/D-series profile or it is just some devices like my BD-C5500 player support wma files.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:47 pm

kikop wrote:As the player supports wma format I tried commenting the asf line in Audio transcoding profile section and now these wma files are not forced to be transcoded.
Could it be that this line is not needed in Samsung C/D-series profile or it is just some devices like my BD-C5500 player support wma files.

Ah good to know. B series doesn't support WMA, will update the C profile to play them natively.

Regarding the duration, it works for me (on a B series, but should be similar)
<<

kikop

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:13 pm

The real downside is not that the player gives wrong duration but it tries to play the stream that long :)
As for videos it reports 0 duration of transcoded video but plays it right (though I had time to make test with only one video file).

Return to Transcoding